Spirovant is a gene therapy leader focused on changing the course of cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases. Our gene therapy technologies are using adeno-associated virus (AAV) and lentivirus vectors designed to overcome the historical barriers that have prevented effective genetic treatments for conditions such as cystic fibrosis. We are a rapidly growing company located in the biotech heart of University City, Philadelphia.
To support our continued expansion and enable our future success, Spirovant is looking for a Research Associate, AAV Technologies, with the following Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Conduct molecular and biological research directed towards evaluating AAV transduction, tropism, efficiency, and efficacy in airway cells.
· Culture of cell lines and primary airway cells derived from different species.
· Perform and develop methodologies to evaluate vector quality and copy number.
· Evaluate expression of various transgene products by flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, Western blot, and ELISA.
· Generate, evaluate, manage, and present critical data in a highly organized manner.
· Maintain compliance with facility mandated chemical inventory and safety requirements.
· Generate, analyze, and maintain data produced from a wide variety of laboratory techniques and analytical methodologies in electronic notebooks.
· Help prepare technical reports, papers, technology transfer documents, presentations and SOPs for regulatory or use in further research activities as needed.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant biological sciences (i.e. molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a related field), and a minimum of 2 years laboratory or industry experience in AAV or other vector production and/or evaluation.
· Experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture.
· Technical experience with molecular biology and biochemical applications and analysis (e.g. transfection, transduction, DNA/RNA extraction, ddPCR, RT-PCR, ELISA, flow cytometry, Western blot).
· Collaborative and responsive to scientific and technical needs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The candidate will be a high-level individual contributor who is self-motivated and integrates effectively into the team, enhancing the team’s overall efficiency and productivity.
· Experience in respiratory disease and/or immunology preferred.
· Experience with primary airway cell cultures, differentiation and phenotyping is preferred.
· Experience with confocal microscopy is a plus.
· Proficiency in using Electronic Laboratory Notebooks.
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.