Spirovant is a gene therapy leader focused on changing the course of cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases. Our gene therapy technologies are using adeno-associated virus (AAV) and lentivirus vectors designed to overcome the historical barriers that have prevented effective genetic treatments for inherited lung conditions such as cystic fibrosis. We are a rapidly growing company located in the biotech heart of University City, Philadelphia. To support our continued expansion and enable our future success, Spirovant is looking for a Senior Scientist, Respiratory Gene Therapy, with the following Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Conduct research to elucidate the critical molecular and structural components of novel recombinant AAV and/or lentivirus vectors that are required to promote and maintain intended gene transfer functions in specific airway cell types in culture.
· Conduct molecular and biochemical research to optimize all aspects of desired vector biology: cellular tropism and transduction, genome packaging efficiency, promoter activity, vector titers and transgene expression.
· Technical experience with molecular biology (PCR, ddPCR, RNA tissue extraction), biochemical analysis (ELISA, FACS), cell culture, cell transfection/infection and immune-histological methods.
· Experience in AAV and/or lentivirus vector packaging, preparation, purification, analysis and viral titer assays.
· Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
· Author technical reports, method transfer documents, and prepare scientific presentations as needed.
· Provide project leadership to ensure that internal research objectives and activities are aligned with corporate goals. Drive research activities with diligence to maintain program timelines.
· Serve as liaison with the process/analytical development and manufacturing group to guide the maintenance of vector product quality across multiple production and purification operations.
· Collaborate with and provide subject matter expertise to other individuals/groups within Spirovant as needed.
· Maintain compliance with facility mandated chemical inventory and safety requirements.
· Interpret, prepare, review and finalize written reports for discovery and translational studies.
· Identify gaps in development plan(s) and establish timelines and budget as needed for specific pipeline assets.
· In collaboration with the VP, Research, will develop strategies to address unmet need in respiratory diseases using gene therapy technologies.
· Participate in the scope-creation, execution, and oversight of Research Agreements with external collaborators.
· Provide oversight to external consultants in the research area, as needed.
· PhD in relevant biological sciences (i.e. molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology) or related fields with 5+ years post-doctoral or relevant industry experience.
· Experience in respiratory disease, immunology and/or gene therapy.
· Experience in designing virus-based vector constructs for in vivo and in vitro applications.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects/tasks at one time, as well management of program interdependencies to meet set timelines.
· Demonstrated experience and track-record accomplishment in lab management.
· Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary environment.
· Flexible, collaborative, and responsive to scientific, technical and business opportunities and needs.
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.