Spirovant is a gene therapy leader focused on changing the course of cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases. Our gene therapy technologies are using adeno-associated virus (AAV) and lentivirus vectors designed to overcome the historical barriers that have prevented effective genetic treatments for conditions such as cystic fibrosis. We are a rapidly growing company located in the biotech heart of University City, Philadelphia. To support our continued expansion and enable our future success, Spirovant is looking for a Research Associate, Respiratory Gene Therapy.
· Conduct molecular and biological research to optimize AAV and lentivirus vectors to enhance the efficiency of airway cell targeting and transduction.
· Evaluate expression of various transgene products using established methodologies.
· Technical experience with molecular biology (PCR, ddPCR, RNA tissue extraction), biochemical analysis (ELISA, FACS), cell culture, cell transfection/infection and immune-histological methods.
· Experience in AAV and/or lentivirus vector packaging, preparation, purification, analysis and viral titer assays.
· Experience with primary airway cell cultures, differentiation and phenotyping is preferred.
· Experience with organoid cell cultures, differentiation and phenotyping is a plus.
· Experience with confocal microscopy is a plus.
· Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
· Maintain compliance with facility mandated chemical inventory and safety requirements.
· Generate, analyze, and maintain data produced from a wide variety of laboratory techniques and analytical methodologies.
· Help prepare technical reports, papers, tech transfer documents, presentations and SOPs for regulatory or use in further research activities as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant biological sciences (i.e., molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a related field), and a minimum of 2 years laboratory or industry experience in respiratory gene therapy, AAV and/or lentivirus vector design and cloning.
· Experience in respiratory disease and/or immunology.
· Collaborative and responsive to scientific and technical needs.
· Proficiency in using Electronic Laboratory Notebooks.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The candidate will be a high-level individual contributor who is self-motivated and integrates effectively into the team, enhancing the team’s overall efficiency and productivity
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.