Spirovant is a gene therapy leader focused on changing the course of cystic fibrosis and other respiratory diseases. Our gene therapy technologies are using adeno-associated virus (AAV) and lentivirus vectors designed to overcome the historical barriers that have prevented effective genetic treatments for conditions such as cystic fibrosis. We are a rapidly growing company located in the biotech heart of University City, Philadelphia.
To support our continued expansion and enable our future success, Spirovant is looking for a Research Associate, Lentiviral Gene Therapy, with the following Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conduct various molecular and biological research directed towards optimizing lentivirus vectors for targeting and transduction of airway cell targeting and transduction.
- Vector construction, molecular cloning and plasmid transfections in producer cells for production, purification and quantification of lentiviral preparations
- Culture of cell lines and primary airway cells derived from different species with delivery of lentiviral preparations and modifiers.
- Perform and develop methodologies to evaluate integration and expression of various transgene products.
- Evaluation by flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, Western blot, and ELISA.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
- Maintain compliance with facility mandated chemical inventory and safety requirements.
- Generate, analyze, and maintain data produced from a wide variety of laboratory techniques and analytical methodologies.
- Help prepare technical reports, papers, tech transfer documents, presentations and SOPs for regulatory or use in further research activities as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant biological sciences (i.e. molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a related field), and a minimum of 2 years laboratory or industry experience in AAV and/or lentivirus vector design and cloning.
- Experience in respiratory disease and/or immunology preferred.
- Technical experience with molecular biology (tissue extraction, ddPCR, RT-PCR), biochemical analysis (ELISA, flow cytometry), cell culture, cell transfection/infection and immune-histological methods.
- Experience in lentivirus and/or AAV vector packaging, analysis and viral titer assays.
- Experience with primary airway cell cultures, differentiation and phenotyping is preferred.
- Experience with confocal microscopy is a plus.
- Collaborative and responsive to scientific and technical needs.
- Proficiency in using Electronic Laboratory Notebooks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate will be a high-level individual contributor who is self-motivated and integrates effectively into the team, enhancing the team’s overall efficiency and productivity
Spirovant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.