Wellbox is a growing healthcare company dedicated to helping people live healthier, happier lives. We do this by providing comprehensive and preventative virtual care solutions delivered by an elite team of experienced nurses. Their ability to create positive healthcare experiences and empower people in their health journeys allows us to improve clinical outcomes.
Without these incredible team members, we wouldn’t be able to make the positive impact that we do. Their consistent efforts in supporting, encouraging, and caring for our patients, especially during these uncertain times, while giving them personalized care truly make a difference. If this mission resonates with you, we invite you to join us.
We are seeking an LPN Care Coordinator to develop personalized care plans and perform telephonic encounters with patients on behalf of our partners. Care Coordinators are assigned a specific panel of patients to whom they are responsible for reaching out to monthly and following up as necessary.
We are proud to partner with many incredible nurses who guide our patients to better health and help them achieve a greater quality of life. With every interaction, Care Coordinators help close the gap between people needing care and not being able to receive it.
- Manage and support patients’ healthcare needs via phone conversations
- Conduct and document visits by using several technology platforms and EHRs
- Develop personalized care plans to address patients’ physical, mental, and preventative health needs
- Coach patients to reach their care goals by following medical treatment plans that include healthy eating, physical activity, stress reduction, etc.
- Connect patients with resources such as nutritionists, nurses, and doctors who can also assist them in meeting their care needs
- Prepare patients for appointments and procedures, and provide follow-up as needed
- Coordinate some administrative aspects of medical record recovery, appointment management, and insurance claims
- Review insurance plans and suggest tips to get the most from their benefits
- Proactively suggest services or preventive screenings relevant to each patient
This opportunity allows you to care for patients from the comfort of your home. We will provide you with the equipment and software needed such as a desktop computer and headset for internet-based calls.
Since we’re dedicated to offering our patients the best care experience possible, a wired, high-speed internet connection is needed, a private space free from noise that complies with HIPAA privacy laws, and an ergonomic workspace for your computer.
This is a passive position, but some equipment setup is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
We are seeking full-time team members who can work Monday - Friday days.
Wellbox leverages a productivity-based pay structure that pays based on your completed patient encounters. How much you earn is up to you. These encounters allow you to spend at least 20 minutes per patient.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a Compact Nursing License that is clear and active
- Must reside and work in the continental US
- Must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience
- Experience in care coordination or care management, health coaching, and motivational interviewing
- Hands-on experience and comfort with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience using Microsoft Office products such as Teams, Outlook, and Excel
Competencies Required to Perform the Position and Key Success Factors
- Comfortability using new technology and software while demonstrating proficient computer skills
- The ability to stay flexible and quickly adapt to new processes, software changes, and priorities
- Understand healthcare goals provided by the practice while monitoring, assessing, and recording patient progress against a care plan
- Successfully execute motivational coaching to prevent and intervene in multiple diseases
- Exercise initiative, judgment, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Collaborate well with medical staff, partners, and organizations
- Facilitate patient access to community resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Perform care management and patient assessments
- Awareness of resource, utilization, and care management best practices
- A true passion for caring for patients and guiding them in their health journeys