Wellbox is a growing healthcare company dedicated to helping people live healthier, happier lives. We do this by providing comprehensive and preventative virtual care solutions delivered by an elite team of experienced staff members.
Without our incredible team members, we wouldn’t be able to make the positive impact that we have. Their consistent efforts in supporting, encouraging, and caring for our patients truly make a difference. If this mission resonates with you, we invite you to join us.
BCBS offers reimbursement for Provider Directed Care Management (PDCM). We are hiring a Medical Assistant Care Coordinator to conduct telephonic visits with individuals enrolled in the PDCM program. All visits are with individuals who have one or more clinical conditions and have been identified by their insurer as someone who would benefit from a health and wellness program.
The PDCM visits are conducted telephonically, and will fall into one of these three categories:
· 98966: 5-10 minutes of medical discussion
· 98967: 11-20 minutes of medical discussion
· 98968: 21-30 minutes of medical discussion
· Conduct recorded phone calls and speak with patients of all ages (or their caregiver if under 18) on their clinical conditions. The content of the phone calls must be medically relevant (appointment reminders and test results do NOT qualify as clinically relevant). The content may include topics such as medication management, skills, health and wellness coaching, self-management training, and education.
· Build relationships with patients in a non-face-to-face setting.
· Utilize the provider-set care plan or develop a verbal care plan with patients based on their medical diagnosis and partner with the patient to discuss their medical conditions on the phone in collaboration with their medical provider.
· Complete the enrollment process.
· Set measurable healthcare goals with patients.
· Document patient visits in Wellbox Operating System (WOS) and in the practice’s EHR
· Report clinical/ escalation issues to the physician and practice in the pre-established workflow set forth by the practice.
· Compliance with all HIPAA laws and regulations.
Competencies Required to Perform the Position
· Medical Assistant with certification in Michigan.
· Understanding of health care goals associated with clinical conditions.
· Ability to provide prevention and intervention for multiple clinical conditions.
· Ability to keep patients (and caregivers) engaged and goal-oriented along with a passion for wellness.
· Health coaching and motivational interviewing skills are a plus.
· Must be willing to complete the following training:
o MiCMRC three-hour PDCM online training
o Eight or more hours of clinical education webinars per year – BCBSM PDCM online billing training
This is a regular, full-time, remote position.