Wellbox is a growing healthcare company that provides innovative virtual care solutions for healthcare systems, healthcare payers, employers, and ACOs. These comprehensive solutions help assess and improve the health outcomes of our patients.
We are seeking a self-driven and competent senior-level medical biller who is passionate about keeping an organized, well-run operation. The Senior Medical biller and coding specialist is responsible for timely submission of medical claims and processing billing information in the appropriate system (both internal and 3rd party billing partner). It is essential that this role demonstrates and maintains strong quality control of data by identifying potential problems and offering and implementing solutions. In addition, the medical biller works with our data team to ensure that the correct information is being gathered from a wide variety of client PM and EHR systems.
The ideal candidate will have a keen desire to keep the claims operation functioning efficiently, seamlessly, and will have a proven track record of keeping an account receivable balance of fewer than 60 days. You will have a solutions-oriented mindset and demonstrate thinking outside the box, coming up with ways to make the department be the best.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work
· Works to prioritize and plan workload to use company time efficiently
· Management/Reporting and updating aging report for all claims that have been submitted for that workweek; communicating all information to supervisor, CFO, and COO
· Review billing and coding for accuracy
· Fix billing errors from insurances with corrections, processes, and remittances as needed
· Follow up on claims
· Collaborate with data team to ensure fidelity of data
· Maintains HIPAA compliance as per industry standard
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities; however, we are a growing company and our ideal candidate will have the required skills and experience to transition into a supervisory role long-term.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full-time position. The position will be primarily remote, but candidates in Florida are preferred.
Required Education and Experience
· A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience required
· Must have CPC certification
· Strong experience using a variety of claims systems
· Understanding of insurance and payer guidelines, requirements, and systems
· CPT & ICD-10 coding familiarity is a must
· Strong organizational skills
Please note this job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.