Position Summary - MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH/ ENGLISH
The position of the RN Chronic Care Coordinator, Remote will perform telephonic encounters with patients on behalf of our partners and develops detailed care plans. This is an Independent Contractor position and does not offer employee benefits.
Wellbox is seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse (RN) who is fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish to work from their home office while complying with HIPAA privacy laws. Wellbox wants its team members to have the opportunity to balance their work-life with their home life. Full-time team members will typically need to dedicate an average of 40 hours per week to care for their assigned patients (we are not hiring for part-time or PRN positions).
- Develops a positive interaction with patients on behalf of our practices.
- Translates English documentation into Spanish documentation.
- Conducts telephonic visits with patients using motivational interviewing techniques.
- Develops detailed care plans for both the doctors and patients. The care plans exist for prevention and intervention purposes.
- Abides by the plan of care and orders of the practice. The Care Coordinator is to abstain from any additional plans of care, such as any the over-the-counter medication or any exercise program not prescribed by your provider.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies Required to Perform the Position
- Registered Nurse with a current active license in the state of residency
- Understand health care goals associated with chronic disease management provided by the practice
- Ability to provide prevention and intervention for multiple disease conditions through motivational coaching
- Experience using Electronic Health Records
- Technical literacy is a must to succeed in this role
- Must be bilingual English/ Spanish and be able to document in Spanish
This job operates in the comfort of your home setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and headsets for internet calls. You will be provided with all equipment and software needed to perform your duties. You will need to have high-speed, wired internet (cannon be a satellite, WiFi, or hot spot) and a private space free from noise and an ergonomic work-space for your computer.
This is a sitting role, but must be able to set up computer equipment including a 32" monitor.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full-Time 1099 Independent Contractor role and does not offer benefits. The Care Coordinator will be assigned a patient panel based on the nurse's skill and efficiency level.
Pay for Billable Events (BEs)
The pay for this role is production only, no base pay, or hourly rate. The Care Coordinators are paid per completed billable event (visit).
Simple Module (approx. 20 min.): $12 per completed phone call or mailing module
Each additional 20 minutes on the phone (can be billed up to two times on your call): $12.50
No travel! Our team members commute is typically from their kitchen to their home office.
Required Education and Experience
- ADN or BSN required
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience in a Med Surge setting and/or home health care preferred
- Hands-on experience with Electronic Medical Records as well as knowledge of Windows desktop and applications
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are a must to be successful in this role
- Skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships with team members and clients
- Capable of organizing work to achieve daily/weekly goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills are a must.