The position of the Chronic Care Coordinator Remote will perform telephonic encounters with patients on behalf of our partners and develops detailed care plans.
Wellbox is seeking a full-time Registered Nurses to work from their home office while complying with HIPAA privacy laws. You will set your own hours and will not be held to a daily work hour schedule. Wellbox wants its team members to have the flexibility to balance their work life with their home life. Full-time team member will typically need to dedicate an average of 40 hours per week to care for their assigned patients. This unique business model allows you to choose what days and what hours of the day you dedicate to caring for your patients.
• Develops a positive interaction with patients on behalf of our practices
• Develops detailed care plans for the both the doctors and patients. The care plans exist for prevention and intervention purposes.
• The role of the Care Coordinator is to abide by the plan of care and orders of the practice. The Care Coordinator is to abstain from any additional plans of care, such as any the over the counter medication or any exercise program not prescribed by your provider.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies Required to Perform the Position
• Registered Nurse with current active license in state of residency
• Understand health care goals associated with chronic disease management provided by practice
• Ability to provide prevention and intervention for multiple disease conditions through motivational coaching
• Experience using Electronic Health Records
This job operates in the comfort of your home setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such a s computers and headsets for internet calls. You will be provided with all equipment and software needed to perform your duties. You will need to have high-speed internet, a private space free from noise and an ergonomic workspace for your computer.
This is a sitting role with no physical demands.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full -time. The Care Coordinator will be assigned a patient panel based on skill and efficiency level and is expected to reach a minimum of 120+ patients per calendar month. Wellbox pays $9.50-$12.50 per completed patient encounter. A patient encounter will take approximately 20 minutes. Care Coordinators will be expected to complete encounters on 90% of the patients they are assigned. It is important to let us know how many hours you will be available so we can assign the appropriate number of patients to ensure your success and the highest level of care for our patients.
No travel! Our team members commute is typically from their kitchen to their home office.
Required Education and Experience
• BSN in Nursing strongly preferred
• A minimum of one (2) years of clinical experience in a Med/Surg, Case Management, and/or home health care
• Hands-on experience with Electronic Medical Records as well as knowledge of Windows desktop and applications is strongly preferred
• Able to exercise initiative, judgment, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills is a must to be successful in this role
• Skilled in developing and maintaining effective relationships with team members and clients
• Capable of organizing work to achieve daily/weekly goals and objectives
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills are a must.