Seeking experienced full-charge bookkeeper for tax advisory (CPA) firm in San Jose, CA. Full-time/Part-time depending on skills (does offer some remote flexibility after trial period); Experience and knowledge Quickbooks Online, TriNet payroll online (or similar), MS Office, Excel.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
2. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
3. Issue invoices to customers
4. Oversee that receivables are collected promptly
5. Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
6. Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
7. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
8. Issue financial statements
9. Provide information to the external accountant who prepares tax returns.
10. Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
11. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
12. Create, monitor, and maintain the annual budget
13. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
14. Process payroll in a timely manner
15. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
16. Follow accounting policies and procedures
The position has one direct supervisory role and does serve as a coach and mentor for those that occasionally help in the accounting department.
This job operations in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, filing cabinets and printers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience:
Associates Degree with experience in accounting, finance or equivalent experience plus three years of related experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary, commensurate with experience, benefits, 401K, holidays, vacation