Reporting to the Director of Product, the Product Designer is responsible for translating their comprehensive understanding of Hatch Data’s users to a user experience that solves user pain points while helping Hatch Data achieve its mission. Hatch Data’s intuitive and actionable smart building platform helps operators cut through the noise, optimize building performance, and deliver on critical ESG goals. The product design team works directly with users to gather feedback, uncover pain points, and identify unmet needs. Those research findings are valuable inputs to a continuous and collaborative process to ideate, test hypotheses, and rapidly innovate in our product.
Responsibilities & Duties:
User Research & Feedback: Ensure our users are core to all product decision making.
Key duties include:
- Establishing channels for qualitative feedback from existing user base, internal commercial team, and prospects
- Managing a user research roadmap and executing on research plans
- Sharing deep knowledge of the customer with the organization through persona studies, user journeys, and other visual and verbal documentation
Product Innovation & Delivery: Collaborate with the broader product team to efficiently deliver iterative and innovative solutions to the market.
Key duties include:
- Ideating with cross-functional teams to define innovative solutions to complex problems
- Wire-framing and prototyping to quickly test hypotheses and gather feedback from users
- Contributing to Hatch Data’s design system
- Partnering with engineering to deliver a consistent and a seamless user experience
- Quantitative and qualitative reporting following product launch to validate design hypotheses and identify areas of friction in the workflow
- 3-5 years of experience working as a UX/product designer/researcher on B2B SaaS applications
- College degree in UX/UI Design, New Media, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional agile development teams
- Experience with generative and evaluative user research methods
- Based in Portland, OR
- Care about leaving the world better than you found it.
- Mission-driven and leads by example with equal parts brain and heart.
- Natural communicator that instills confidence and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excited to join a small company, with big company benefits, and upside potential.
About Hatch Data:
Climate change is real. Addressing this is the biggest issue of our time. While moving the world from dirty energy sources to clean ones matters, there is also an enormous opportunity to use existing resources more efficiently. Buildings consume up to 40% of the energy in North America alone. This is a big opportunity to create change. We bring our values to work and every day push to solve these problems at scale.
Our team applies their knowledge of energy systems, mechanical engineering, IoT, machine learning and the built environment, to design cutting edge software that reduces the negative environmental impact of our indoor spaces while improving the bottom line for owners and operators. Our software platform has been proven across more than 550M square feet of commercial real estate with marquee customers, and we’re doubling down our efforts in the coming months as we prepare to accelerate growth and impact.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that “does well by doing good” and is positioned for significant expansion. You’ll enjoy comprehensive benefits, competitive salary, and meaningful equity. We offer a flexible work environment and the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly talented, fun, and highly motivated team.
How to Apply:
Does this sound like you? If so, please visit https://www.hatchdata.com/careers to apply. Feel free to provide any context you think would be helpful as we learn about you. We’ll be interested in understanding why you’re excited about joining us, why this role seems like a perfect fit for your talents, and what success looks like for you, personally, over the next few years.