The Intake Specialist is an entry-level position at Orchid Medical with the function of processing all incoming referrals, inputting data into OMNI, and distributing workload to Care Coordinators.
• Inputting new orders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Distributing new orders to Team Leader in an orderly fashion.
• Prioritization of Rush/Special orders, and providing relevant notification to Team Leader.
• Assurance that all orders are received, input, and distributed to a Care Coordinator prior to the close of business for the day.
• Tracking/documentation of order types and their distribution.
• Verification of orders received online.
• Saving documents (prescriptions, reports, etc.) into OMNI.
• Gathering and verifying information regarding new referrals.
• Process medical records requests.
• Setting and completing reminders to follow-up on missing information/documents.
• Notifying Care Coordinators/Team Leader of addition of information/documents to existing orders.
• Associate’s Degree.
• 1 year of customer service or patient experience preferred.
• Outgoing personality.
• Familiarity with computers (Microsoft Windows applications).
• Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Orchid Medical is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment, free of discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions at Orchid Medical are based solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.