Green City Force (GCF) seeks a passionate, effective professional with a minimum of one-two years of development or relevant related experience.
As Development & Communications Associate, you will report to the Director of Development and be an essential part of driving development and communications for GCF. You will be responsible for supporting revenue generation from individual donors, foundations, corporations, and government grants towards an annual goal of over $4 million. You will support fundraising systems as the database manager and gift processor. You will draft, edit, and manage the production of a full range of social media and marketing materials to effectively support the advancement goals of the institution and to convey GCF’s mission to diverse constituencies. If you are goal-oriented, detail-minded, and thrive on pursuing big challenges as part of a dedicated and high-powered team, this role is for you.
- Support the drafting of letters of interest, grant proposals, newsletters, and stewardship letters to prospective funders, current funders, and other GCF stakeholders
- Manage development calendar and track deadlines for funding opportunities
- Project manage grant proposals
- Support the drafting of grant reports for existing funders
- Manage the fundraising database: ensure that all development-related information is entered accurately and in a timely fashion; track correspondence and meetings with donors; design and run reports to support development efforts
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential funders for Green City Force
- Provide oversight of the development team’s weekly meetings and follow up items
- Maintain gift acknowledgment, Thank you letters, and stewardship for all donors
- Work on special projects and annual fund mailings
- Support in the management of fundraising events, site visits, and volunteer days
- Manage the GCF website, social media platforms, blogs, photo archives, newsletter, and slide show presentations.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A passion for social justice, and GCF’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience in nonprofit communications, administration, or fundraising
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience working across multiples teams and departments to support successful project planning and execution
- Motivated self-learner with exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent computer and research skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, Google Suite products
- Must be able to work a few evenings and weekends as necessary
- Knowledge and experience with CRM systems, especially Salesforce preferred but not required
- Good self-direction and ability to problem solve and work as a team
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, diversity, and justice
**Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine is required **
- A strong interest in national service, environmental justice, sustainability, youth development, public housing, and low-income communities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Green City Force (GCF) is in our second decade having celebrated 20 cohorts of our award-winning AmeriCorps program. Green City Force (GCF) engages young adults from New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) communities in service years related to the environment. In doing so, we prepare them for sustainable careers, while serving to make public housing communities more sustainable and healthier, creating the green city we want to see.
Our 545+ graduates are working in all areas of the green economy, from energy efficiency to composting, construction to hydroponic farming. A recent report documents the multiple benefits of GCF’s holistic model, through which young adults in public housing grow change in their communities and their own lives.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, generous leave, and comprehensive medical & dental benefits
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are looking to fill this position immediately.