Green City Force seeks a passionate, detail-oriented development professional with a minimum of two years of nonprofit development experience.
This role reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will be an integral part of a small, passionate, fun, and hardworking team. The right candidate will be focused on raising awareness of GCF’s programs among current supporters, growing the network of future supporters, and helping GCF meet our fundraising goals, which include raising over $4 million each year from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources.
· Source: institutional grant prospect management (Government, Foundation, Corporate)
· Writing: draft letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and grant reports
· Manage: grant applications, submissions and reports
· Monitor: grant contract review and processing
· Strategy: Support strategic planning for organizational growth with Leadership team
· Contracts: coordinate contracts with major funders, including city agencies
· Donor support: serve as lead on mid-range corporate and foundation grants
· Volunteers: manage all aspects of volunteer program, as part of corporate and individual donor cultivation
· Maintain: accurate grant records and internal database for grant reporting
· Relationships: Serve as primary point of contact for technical consultants supporting Salesforce CRM
· Strategy: in partnership with the Development and Communications Team, execute a communications and PR strategy that increases awareness of and support for GCF
· Writing: draft content for website, blog, and other public postings to promote GCF activities, impact and brand
· Manage: all digital content, including social media
· Serve as primary contact for all external media inquiries
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· A passion for social justice, and GCF’s mission
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2-4 years of experience in nonprofit communications or fundraising
· Excellent writing and communication skills, and attention to detail
· Excellent ability to consistently meet deadlines, work collaboratively with other departments, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and turn around assignments quickly without compromising quality
· Willingness to work in a small, lean team of self-starters, and work through the weeds when crunch-time hits
· Strong project management skills - experience with creating project plans, setting goals and deadlines, and keeping a team on schedule to meet deadlines
· Motivated self-learner with exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Excellent computer and research skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, Google Suite products
· Must be able to work a few evenings and weekends as necessary
· Experience with CRM systems, especially Salesforce
· Experience with WordPress, the Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS
· A strong interest in national service, sustainability, youth development, public housing and low income communities
Green City Force is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Green City Force is an Employer of National Service. We recognize the unique skills of national service and alumni are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Green City Force (GCF) is an AmeriCorps program that engages young adults from New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) communities in national service related to the environment. In doing so, we prepare them for sustainable careers, while serving to make public housing communities more sustainable and healthier, creating the green city we want to see. Green City Force’s large-scale service initiatives reach thousands of residents while creating a platform for our members to grow and lead. Through Farms at NYCHA, GCF teams grow and distribute over 12K pounds of organic produce annually, in six public housing communities across the City. Love Where You Live has reached tens of thousands with sustainability education in homes. Since 2016, we have been expanding our social enterprise to create employment pathways for GCF graduates into good jobs in the clean energy sector. GCF’s EmPower team, entirely graduate-staffed and lead, won an excellence award from NYSERDA in 2018 and GCF’s Illuminators are helping to retrofit NYCHA home by home. GCF’s 500 graduates are employed in leading companies in the clean energy and urban agriculture sectors. To learn more, please visit http://greencityforce.org/
GCF has garnered awards and recognition at every level, including Most Innovative Nonprofit in NYC. This is an opportunity to join an organization with a proven track record, strong growth potential, and a positive organizational culture for personal growth and collective impact as part of a dynamic team.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, medical & dental benefits, and generous vacation package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are looking to fill this position immediately.