Director of Sales for Alternative Energy Services
We are seeking a highly experienced and results-orientated Director of Sales to lead our company's efforts in developing and selling alternative energy solutions. The Director of Sales for Alternative Energy Services will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies, building, and managing relationships with customers, and achieving sales targets.
Following is a menu of Key responsibilities that fall within the scope of the Director of Sales for Alternative Energy Services
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan for alternative energy services, including solar, wind, HVAC, DR/DSM and geothermal.
- Build and manage relationships with key customers, including government agencies, utilities, and commercial businesses.
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and mentoring to our channel managers to achieve sales targets.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and advancements in alternative energy products and technology to provide expert advice to the Company and its customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and finance, to achieve company goals.
· Provide regular sales reports to management and make recommendations for improvements.
Organizational Dimensions/ Scope:
Position requiring responsibility in:
A. Support sales through fulfilling requests for pricing.
B. Support executives through forecasting and strategic planning.
C. Develop and implement new alternative energy sales channels.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in sales, with at least 5 years in the alternative energy industry
- Strong understanding of renewable energy systems and technologies
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and building successful customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with government regulations and compliance related to alternative energy is a plus.
- Experience leading and managing a sales team is a plus.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
Comfortable office setting
Continuous need to give concentrated attention, with 1 or 2 senses at a time, where stimuli are changing.
Continuous pressure from deadlines, accuracy standards or similar demands. Occasional unpleasant contacts and/or concern about unpleasant situations are frequent.