The Product Manager – Revisions will support the organization in executing deliverables required in the product management & development process. This includes achievement of business plan projections, customer relationship management and education for both surgeons and sales personnel. Interfacing with key stakeholders (external, Franklin-based and Memphis-based), the Product Manager - Revisions shall take all appropriate steps to meet customer and sales force expectations and resolve instrument and implant issues that may arise with his/her knee and/or hip revision product lines.
Minimum Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree in business/marketing/engineering and/or professional certification in a medical profession.
Minimum Experience Requirements: Minimum 7 years overall orthopedic sales/marketing experience.
Minimum Skill Requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills. Outstanding organizational development and demonstrated leadership qualities. Operating room experience with revision arthroplasty. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Equipment or Machines Used: PC/Microsoft Office software suite, Mac/iOS, general office equipment, orthopedic instruments, automobile, smart phone and mobile apps.
Problem Solving/Decision Making: Independent, proactive judgment is employed in problem prevention/solving relating to customers, sales policy, strategy and procedures. Considerable discretion and judgment are exercised in decision making involving sales policies and procedures.
Extent of Confidential Information: Highly confidential information regarding revenues, budgets, pricing, sales and marketing strategies, customers, customer preferences, market development, and product development.
Interpersonal Contacts: External: Surgeons, Nurses, PAs, Allied Health Professionals, Hospital / ASC Administrators, Economic Buyers. Internal: Sales Personnel, Marketing, Sales Administration, Customer Service, Professional Education, Clinical Research, Compliance, Quality, Regulatory, Human Resources, and all Medacta International Personnel.
• Develop marketing strategies and product launches with clear execution plans that are consistent with Medacta’s global strategy
• Develop and maintain good working relations around knee or hip revisions with Healthcare Professionals (“HCPs”).
• With sales & marketing management, define sales collateral needs and organize deliverables with support of marketing/communications department in Medacta USA and Switzerland HQ.
• Support sales force with in-depth product knowledge and ensure sales representatives, agents/Area Directors and HCPs are properly informed and trained on Medacta knee and hip revision products.
• Provide technical product support to internal cross functional teams, sales force and surgeons.
• Create, prepare and deliver knee/hip revision product training.
• Assist in maintaining existing physician consultant relations or identify well-qualified key opinion leaders for training and educational purposes and potential product development activities.
• Assist in support for all primary & revision labs and educational programs.
• Assist operations group in the development and maintenance of knee and hip revision product planning and forecasting as it relates to the U.S. market for new and established products. This includes new product rollout and product sample organization.
• Research, analyze and remain informed about competitive products. Prepare competitive reviews and create sales aids to assist sales force.
• Develop and create promotional materials based on product and program needs.
• Communicate product related sales support information via regular written updates.
• Communicate sales force feedback to sales & marketing management.
• Assist with sales support in all U.S. territories.
• Provide case coverage assistance for knee and hip revisions if expertise is needed.
• Work with senior management to ensure the identification, use and administration of physician consultant services for each event and meet all compliance requirements.
• Assist in educating sales force with regulatory and compliance initiatives.
• Assist clinical research team with monitoring multiple knee and hip revision clinical studies.
• Manage and maintain knee and hip revision product management budget.
• Prepare and sponsor knee related Needs Assessment documents and budgets.
• Travel of up to 50% may be required.
Other Duties: Industry Conferences, International Congresses, Domestic and International Company Meetings, participate in select product management activities. Other duties may be assigned at Medacta USA’s discretion.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.