The Product Manager – Sports Medicine will support the sales, marketing & development teams in executing deliverables required in the product development process - including driving sales growth, supporting customer conversion and ensuring sales reps are fully educated on all product lines. Interfacing with key stakeholders (external and Nashville-based), the Product Manager – Sports Medicine will ensure that customer and sales force expectations will be met with all instrument and implant issues that may arise with his/her arthroscopy product lines.
Minimum Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing, Engineering, or Biologic Science Related Discipline.
Minimum Experience Requirements: 5+ years of technical or marketing/sales experience in medical device industry or 3+ years in product development as an engineer or product manager.
Minimum Skill Requirements: Operating room experience with total joint arthroplasty and/or arthroscopy. Excellent business acumen with strong communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, manage and execute several projects simultaneously.
Equipment or Machines Used: Proficient in multiple computer based tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, webcasting, desktop publishing, etc.).
Problem Solving/Decision Making: Independent, proactive judgment is employed in problem prevention/solving relating to customers, sales policy, strategy and procedures. Considerable discretion and judgment are exercised in decision making involving sales policies and procedures.
Extent of Confidential Information: Highly confidential information regarding revenues, budgets, pricing, sales and marketing strategies, customers, customer preferences, market development, and product development.
Interpersonal Contacts: External: Surgeons, Nurses, PAs, Allied Health Professionals, Hospital / ASC Administrators, Economic Buyers. Internal: Sales Personnel, Marketing, Sales Administration, Customer Service, Professional Education, Clinical Research, Compliance, Quality, Regulatory, Human Resources, and all Medacta international personnel.
Adverse/Hazardous/Unpleasant Working Conditions (if any) and explain:
Environmental: General office environment.
Physical: Lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Travel Requirements: Up to 50% travel may be required
· Develop marketing strategies and product launches with clear execution plans that are consistent with Medacta’s global strategy.
· Develop and maintain relationships with HCP’s (Health Care Providers).
· With sales & marketing management, define sales collateral needs and organize deliverables with support of marketing/communications department at global HQ in Switzerland.
· Support sales force with in-depth product knowledge and ensure sales representatives, agents/AD’s and HCP’s are properly trained on Medacta products.
· Create, prepare and deliver arthroscopy product training.
· Assist in maintaining existing consultant relationships and identify key opinion leaders for training and educational purposes and potential product development activities.
· Provide technical product support to customer service, sales force and surgeons.
· Assist in support for all labs and educational programs.
· Assist operations in the development and maintenance of arthscopy product planning and forecasting as it relates to the U.S. market for new and established products. This includes new product rollout and product sample organization.
· Research, analyze and remain informed about competitive products. Prepare competitive reviews and produce sales aids to assist sales force.
· Develop and create promotional materials based on product and program needs.
· Communicate product related sales support information via written updates.
· Communicate sales force feedback to sales & marketing management.
· Assist with sales support in agent/Area Director territories.
· Provide case coverage assistance if expertise is needed.
· Work with senior management to ensure the identification, use and administration of consultant services for each event, meet all compliance requirements.
· Assist in educating sales force with regulatory and compliance initiatives.
· Assist management with monitoring multiple shoulder clinical studies.
· Manage and maintain arthroscopy product management budget.
· Assist management in preparing and sponsoring all arthroscopy related Needs Assessment documents and oversee budget pertaining to those documents.
Industry Conferences, International Congresses, Domestic and International Company Meetings, participate in select product management activities. Other duties may be assigned at Medacta USA’s discretion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.