The Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for, among other things, the following duties and obligations in their assigned Territory: set up, delivery & technical support for surgical case coverage: identify opportunities for business with new customers; assist in the retention & expansion of business with existing customers; promote the company’s marketing and educational programs; educating hospital personnel on the safe & appropriate use of Medacta reconstructive orthopedic medical devices, instrumentation, and related products.
Minimum Educational Requirements
B.S. Degree and/or professional certification in a medical profession
Minimum Experience Requirements
Minimum 2 years of professional experience.
Minimum Skill Requirements
Excellent interpersonal abilities combined with demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
Equipment or Machines Used
PC, Microsoft Office software suite, iPad, general office equipment, orthopedic instruments, automobile, smart phone and mobile apps.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
Independent, proactive judgment is employed in problem prevention/solving relating to customer satisfaction
Extent of Confidential Information:
Information regarding revenues, budgets, sales and marketing strategies, product development, and customer prescribing preferences.
Surgeons, PAs, Nurses, allied health professionals, personnel, as well as internal Medacta USA and Medacta International personnel.
Adverse/Hazardous/Unpleasant Working Conditions (if any) and explain
Environmental: General Office Environment, hospitals and operating rooms
Physical: Lifting, transporting surgical instruments and implant bins up to 40 lbs.
Travel as necessary via car/air/rail to meet and exceed sales objectives, training and customer service expectations.
· Responsible for customer satisfaction activity related to reconstructive implant products and services.
· Technical surgical case coverage to assure safe and effective use of products.
· Support activities necessary to meet sales quotas, customer retention, and customer service requirements.
· Identify qualified sales leads through cold calling and hospital networking, corporate contracting, and current customer referrals.
· Fully utilizes Medacta Medical Education programs to train new customers and provide advanced training of existing customers.
· Assists to closes sales opportunities resulting competitive market share gains.
· Complete understanding of Medacta pricing policies and contracting procedures; achieve assigned pricing targets.
· Assists in the implementation of company marketing and educational plans as needed.
· Maintain contact with all clients in the Territory to ensure high levels of satisfaction.
· Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
· Report detailed business information on the performance of Medacta products and programs as well as those of competitors.
· Maintains accurate records of day to day activities.
· Utilizes all company sponsored marketing, sales and educational tools including CRM, Intranet, iPad app, e-mail and internal share drives.
· Strict adherence with all finance, operational, customer service, inventory and instrument asset policies & procedures.
· Respects the company’s Code of Conduct, HIPPA, and Healthcare Compliance requirements as well as all other company policies and procedures.
· On time completion of annual training requirements as determined by the company.
· Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate positive with all company employees.
· Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company values.
· Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
Manage spending to assigned budgets; properly maintain company assets: product demos, samples, literature, templates, computers, software
login credentials, etc.
Sales training, attending sales & marketing meetings, learning/reference center visits, national/local industry conferences. Weekend call to meet customer service requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified