Broadcast Management Group Systems Integration (BMGSI) is a division of Broadcast Management Group, an international media company specializing in: Live Production, Broadcast Consulting, Systems Integration, production Staffing, Event Management and Creative Services. The company’s customers include major; broadcast networks, digital media companies, advertising agencies, production companies, government agencies, corporations and associations. BMGSI is seeking a Broadcast Sales Engineer to help meet the needs of its expanding business.
The Broadcast Sales Engineer (BSE) will lead pre-sales and post-sales, RFP’s, qualify clients, manage projects, and close sales opportunities for Broadcast Management Group’s Systems Integration division (BMGSI) for engineering; consulting, design, build, equipment procurement, and training services. The BSE performs discovery, technical analysis of the client business needs and definition of requirements in conjunction to determine technical requirements for custom development projects and new product features, as well as evaluate fit and suitability of other products or services, related to the customer needs.
The BSE works with the BMGSI engineering staff to convey the requirements of clients and provides insight into the technical options, available services and products. The role will also aid in designing leading-edge solutions containing a wide variety of video and audio technologies. The BSE will also work closely to build business proposals for customers. The BSE will confirm that BMGSI’s services meet the customer's requirements and will with technical qualification and estimating costs for the customer. Throughout the proposal process and during customer visits and events, the BSE will articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements and position BMGSI’s services relative to competition. The BSE will work closely with the engineering throughout the proposal process to ensure proposals, statement of work (SOW) and internal development projects contain all relevant information. The BSE is responsible for the completion and management of all technical documents. The BSE will aggregate and inform the management on trending potential client needs and emerging marketplace trends for BMGSI services consideration. This position also functions as part of the training team by delivering classes to employees, partners, and clients.
- Lead pre-sales and post-sales client meetings and presentations.
- Determine scope and develop proposals for customers
- Identify client requirements: (technical requirements, client infrastructure, configuration and requirements), technical design (including solution configurations and diagrams) and planning phases of the sales cycle.
- Work with support teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provide the engineering and development teams with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of the project (including solution configurations and diagrams).
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support for new and existing customers.
- Successfully demonstrate products and solutions in front of prospects.
- Provide responses for technical RFI/RFP’s.
- Deliver online and on site product demonstrations (as required or requested).
- Travel, as needed, to industry events, prospect and customer sites.
- Develop product training material.
- Additional responsibilities include providing on-site support, handling technical presentations at trade shows and conferences; and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training,
- seminars and certifications through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
- Present technical briefings at trade shows and customer events.
- Proven track record of selling, building, and/or deploying video and audio applications technology solutions including broadcast facilities, mobile production facilities and flight packs
- Experienced as a sales engineer for professional video and audio technologies, products and services.
- Outstanding pre-and post-sales technical account management and follow-through skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical sales support experience.
- Strong working knowledge of professional broadcast video workflows, products/services and technology standards for video, image, audio and streaming solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking and able to deal with tight deadlines, travel and stress.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent four-year college technical degree.
- 5+ years' experience as a sales engineer for professional video and audio solutions.
- Familiarity with video compression standards (H.264, HEVC, AV1, etc.)
- Fluency in English language, writing and reading.
- Ability to travel in the USA and to international customer locations.