Title: Client Services Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Department: Sanibel Sea School
Reports to: Director of Youth Education
Location: Sanibel, Captiva, Fort Myers, and Cape Coral
Date: August 2023
Starting Salary: $40,000
Sanibel Sea School is part of the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF) family. The mission of SCCF is to protect and care for Southwest Florida's coastal ecosystems. Reinforcing this organizational purpose is the mission of Sanibel Sea School; to improve the ocean’s future, one person at a time. We are one organization with the united mission of improving, protecting, and caring for nature.
Our campus is located on the east end of Sanibel Island, on the southwest coast of Florida. Experiential educational offerings include days, non-residential summer and winter camps, paddling and outdoor education activities, after-school, homeschooling, private excursions, and outreach programs for the local community. Sanibel Sea School works with all ages, but the primary audience is 6 to 13.
We are a small staff, extremely passionate about the ocean and our work; we strive to offer exceptional customer service and education to each client. We are dedicated to the growth of our students and strongly believe in the value of experiential education in nature. Learning outdoors builds self-confidence, encourages trust, and ignites curiosity and wonder. Our goal is simple: through exploration and discovery, we want to help children fall in love with the ocean and become lifelong advocates for the environment. We are also committed to a diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups in marine and environmental sciences.
The ideal candidate for the Client Services Coordinator position should be organized, customer-oriented, and capable of handling various administrative tasks and responsibilities. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to different situations are crucial for the smooth operation of our programs and ensuring a positive experience for our clients. Experience in program administration, retail, and registration management software would be highly beneficial in fulfilling the diverse duties of this role. Additionally, a passion for education, nature, and working with children will be an asset in fostering an engaging and enriching experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: This job description is intended to outline the primary duties and responsibilities of the Client Services Coordinator. It is not in order of priority or an exhaustive list. Other duties may be assigned as required.
· Serve as a receptionist for our public space.
· Maintain a well-organized and clean space, including offices and retail spaces.
· Provide essential secretarial support to the Director of Youth Education, including reviewing monthly attendance and schedules and ensuring internal and public calendars align.
· Train new staff on registration systems, answering phones, email management, point of sale operations, and waiver administration.
· Manage monthly ordering of office supplies and course diplomas.
· Ensure proper scanning and secure storage of physical waivers using Egnyte, our file storage system.
· Issue and log gift certificates while maintaining accurate records.
· Maintain and update LastPass, our password management system.
· Collect, code, and scan all receipts from Sanibel Sea School.
· Welcome and assist visitors as the friendly face of our public space.
· Serve as the point of contact for client inquiries, program registration, and retail purchases through responsive phone and email interactions.
· Import contacts to MailChimp, including data from physical waivers and SmartWaiver, our waiver software.
· Respond to TripAdvisor and Google reviews monthly and sends a report to the Director of Youth Education.
· Provide valuable assistance to customers in making informed purchases.
· Operate the cash register for retail transactions, including daily opening and closing of the register.
· Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team in inventory management, receiving, and stocking merchandise. This includes the year-end audit.
· Exhibit creativity in conceptualizing, crafting, and maintaining captivating retail and window displays.
· Manage inventory in ShopKeep Backoffice.
· Update software and equipment as needed.
Registration System (Active Network)
· Process all registrations, cancellations, transfers, and no-shows. Coordinate with the education team after each program to confirm attendance.
· Send weekly follow-up emails to clients.
· Create and manage all seasons in Active Network annually, including day courses, after-school, private sessions, homeschool, and new programs that arise. Link seasons to the website as needed.
· Regularly check balances and contact clients.
· Stay informed with software updates and inform the Director of helpful changes.
· Work with the Director to design a camp shirt each year. Order appropriate quantities of each size based on registrations and coordinate distribution of shirts during camps.
· Assist with check-in on Monday mornings to distribute shirts and answer client inquiries.
· Manage supply ordering for camps after the Director approves a list. This includes placing the order, updating staff when it arrives, and getting it to the correct location.
Safety and Oversight
· Offer ongoing availability during programs to address phone calls and assist clients.
· Serve as a vital safety team member, demonstrating emergency response capability.
· In times of emergency, assume responsibility for directing staff, notifying emergency contacts, and coordinating with authorities as needed.
· Assume a leadership role when the Director is absent, ensuring continued smooth operation.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience). · An appreciation for marine science and conservation and enthusiasm for SCCFs and Sanibel Sea School’s missions. · Proven organizational skills and familiarity with supply management and inventory ordering processes. · Detail-oriented with strong record-keeping skills · Excellent verbal and written communication skills to assist clients with inquiries, registrations, and retail purchases. · Familiarity with email marketing tools like MailChimp or Constant Contact. · Prior experience in retail operations · Creativity and a sense of aesthetics for retail spaces · Willingness to assist with various camp-related tasks, such as providing shirts and assisting with check-ins. · Ability to act as part of a safety team and respond effectively during emergencies, including contacting families and coordinating with staff and authorities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:· Certifications (or be capable of obtaining certifications) in CPR, First Aid, and AED. · A valid US driver’s license.
· Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting to forty (40) pounds, as required throughout the work day; proper lifting techniques are required.
· The role requires physical activity, including walking, standing, and lifting.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:· SCCF is a drug-free workplace, and the successful applicant will pass a drug screening test within two weeks ofng the position. · Ability to pass a level 2 federal background check and submit fingerprints to a national database. · Strong computer skills, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database management, with the ability to learn new software. · Proficiency in email management, especially Gmail, and customer correspondence. · Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedural manuals. · Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. · Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, customers, and the general public. · Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:· The performance of this position occurs in an office and retail setting. The Client Services Coordinator’s workspace is open to provide a prime vantage point to observe clients, visitors, and coworkers entering and exiting the building. This creates opportunities for spontaneous interactions, greetings, and quick updates. · The open space setting may lead to occasional noise disruptions, mainly when campers and families are around. While this adds an element of vibrancy to the environment, it also necessitates the ability to concentrate amidst distractions. · Being in an open space means being exposed to different activities, interactions, and situations. This requires adaptability and flexibility in switching between tasks, responding to client needs, and accommodating the ebb and flow of the environment.
TRAVEL, WORK HOURS, SUPERVISION:· Some travel between field locations, satellite campuses, main campus, and SCCF offices may be required. · This position primarily works a Monday to Friday schedule, but the Client Services Coordinator must be available to work some evenings and weekends. · Demonstrated reliability and responsibility, as the position may require being second in command when necessary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:· Full-time; salaried · Eligible to participate in Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays, medical, 401k, and life insurance programs.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and three references we may contact.