Job Title: Gift Processor
Status: Part-time, (temporary)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Reports To: Assistant Director of Finance for Revenue
The Gift Processor transfers donor pledge and/or gift contribution information from source documents to the organization’s database software. Functioning in a crucial capacity to the Revenue team, the incumbent ensures all donor information provided is accurately entered into the database following established standards, protocols and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Records gifts, pledges and pledge payments as directed by gift designation.
· Acts as a resource for financial questions.
· Makes demographic changes to donor profiles as identified by processing most recent donations
· Prepares daily bank deposits.
· Handles donation processing and downloading of donor information from the IRUSA website.
· Produces gift receipts for gifts received.
· Works internally to resolve data discrepancies and/or data.
· Researches missing information or clarification.
· Creates gift batches with accurate donor contributions and produces gift validation report for Revenue Specialist(s) to review and commit gift batches.
· Collects daily donations received by Finance office; evaluate, sort, distribute and total all donations made on a daily basis for daily reporting.
· Scans and electronically file all incoming donations to assist with maintaining source documentation.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Must be proficient and highly accurate in data entry.
· Internet familiarity and strong mathematical ability in order to interpret data and perform a variety of mathematical calculations required.
· Must have effective communication and problem-solving skills.
· Must have ability to multitask and solve day-to-day work challenges.
· Must have excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
· Prior data entry and cash handling experience preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, preferred.
· Proficiency in English preferred.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The anticipated hire date for this position is 3/6/2023 – 5/12/2023. Priority may be given to those with more flexibility in their availability.
At Islamic Relief USA we are committed to safeguarding and protecting all individuals we come into contact with through our work. IRUSA representatives must adhere to its organizational values: Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice, and Custodianship. In accordance with these values, IRUSA operates and enforces policies on Safeguarding, Code of Ethics, and Anti-Harassment and Discrimination.