Job Title: Orphan Specialist
Status: Part-time (regular)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Division: Funds Development
The position is responsible for processing information through the organization’s database, regarding donor sponsorships of orphans; for responding to customer/donor inquiries; and for other administrative procedures related to the orphan sponsorship program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes donor sponsorships for orphans that are received via telephone, mail and website.
- Processes new donor sponsorships, renewals, cancellations, and gifts using Salesforce CRM and other report mechanisms.
- Responds to customer requests for information and inquiries through email and via telephone.
- Updates and maintains sponsorship data and generates reports.
- Sends annual reports to donor sponsors.
- Communicates and liaises with other departments.
- Maintains established shipping/receiving procedures and schedules for orphan data files.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year experience in prior administrative role using MS Office products and Google.
- Intermediate technical proficiency in MS Office applications, with focus on Excel working knowledge.
- Must possess excellent telephone customer service orientation, with the ability to represent the organization in a very positive manner.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills, with a strong customer service focus.
- Must exhibit sharp attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities that are moderate in nature.
- Must exhibit effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Takes initiative to fulfill team goals.
- Prior database and/or CMR database experience (Salesforce).
- Prior Call Center or telephone customer service experience preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
At Islamic Relief USA we are committed to safeguarding and protecting all individuals we come into contact with through our work. IRUSA representatives must adhere to its organizational values: Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice, and Custodianship. In accordance with these values, IRUSA operates and enforces policies on Safeguarding, Code of Ethics, and Anti-Harassment and Discrimination.