Title: Events CoordinatorStatus: Regular, full-time
Division: Fund Development
Location: Alexandria, VA
- Supports in planning and coordinating special events, guest speaker tours, concert tours and fundraising programs.
- Assists in organizing and implementing community fundraising programs.
- Helps identify prospective corporate sponsors.
- Negotiates contracts with facilities and hotels and manages the budget for all events.
- Facilitates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, etc.
- Represents Islamic Relief USA at local functions.
- Assists in planning yearly and quarterly regional plans.
- Assists in planning and attending fundraising and sponsored community events.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and fax.
- Records and reports minutes during quarterly meetings.
- Manages official records, including financial records.
- Manages incoming donations and completes paper work.
- Schedules office meetings and follows-up.
- Punctually prepares and submits office reimbursement forms as needed.
- Ensures that expenses and invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Plans and leads meetings with staff and volunteers.
- Extends and maintains communication with volunteers.
- Serves on task forces and committees related to volunteerism.
- Assists with developing and implementing volunteer program.
- Recruits volunteers for local and national events.
- Follows up with potential volunteer emails and phone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and strong people skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail: excellent time-management, networking and multitasking skills.
- Work independently and in a team and possess strong time management skills
- Experience in formulating and managing multiple event budgets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and able to identify new opportunities.
- The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
At Islamic Relief USA we are committed to safeguarding and protecting all individuals we come into contact with through our work. IRUSA representatives must adhere to its organizational values: Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice, and Custodianship. In accordance with these values, IRUSA operates and enforces policies on Safeguarding, Code of Ethics, and Anti-Harassment and Discrimination.