Job Title: Regional US Program Coordinator
Location: Greater Orlando or Tampa area, FL
The position serves as an extension of the US Programs Team in the Regional Office and supports the implementation of IRUSA grants and seasonal events and acts as a liaison to regional US partners. The Program Coordinator supports IRUSA’s grant implementation through periodic monitoring of grantees and partners within his or her area of jurisdiction. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all programmatic partners within the region, maintains an active and healthy relationship with regional partners
- Responsible for knowing, understanding and communicating the programmatic context of the assigned region
- First line review of all regional grants applications
- Conducts quarterly visits to all current program partners
- Works to identify the programmatic needs and opportunities for the assigned region
- Involved in community outreach activities for programmatic purposes
- Plan, manage and oversee regional IRUSA seasonal events (e.g. Ramadan and Qurbani distributions, Day of Dignity, Thanksgiving distributions, and Summer School Feeding programs)
- Serves as a liaison and resource to IRUSA external partners for Seasonal Events, US Grants, and responsible for designing and executing service projects in coordination with the US Program Team.
- Assists in developing and preparing program/project proposals, strategies and training modules.
- Provide input and support for maintaining program database and recordkeeping for purposes of monitoring and tracking results of programs implemented by IRUSA.
- Act as the main programs related contact with regional partners.
- Participates in the ongoing improvement and maintenance of program policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in the social service field, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong logistical skills with demonstrated success in managing complex projects and meeting deadlines
- Fluency in spoken and written English, with proficiency in another language spoken by beneficiary populations desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities that are somewhat complex in nature.
- Prior successful experience in a deadline-oriented role with a sense of urgency.
- High-caliber customer service abilities, with the ability to represent the organization in a very positive manner.
- Must possess effective interpersonal oral and written communications skills that include some exposure to grant writing.
- Must exhibit cultural competence and sensitivity to working with diverse ethnicities and faiths; commitment to inclusive practices related to gender, age and disability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must exhibit analytical and strong problem solving skills.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases and social media.
- Ability to travel to events or activities within the United States.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
At Islamic Relief USA we are committed to safeguarding and protecting all individuals we come into contact with through our work. IRUSA representatives must adhere to its organizational values: Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice, and Custodianship. In accordance with these values, IRUSA operates and enforces policies on Safeguarding, Code of Ethics, and Anti-Harassment and Discrimination.