Job Title: Gift Processor
Status: Part-time, Temporary
Location: Alexandria, VA
Reports To: Revenue Manager
The Gift Processor transfers donor pledge and/or gift contribution information from source documents to the organization’s database software. Functioning in a crucial capacity to the Revenue Team, the incumbent ensures all donor information provided is accurately entered into the database following established standards, protocols and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records gifts, pledges and pledge payments as directed by gift designation.
- Acts as a resource for financial questions.
- Makes demographic changes to donor profiles as identified by processing most recent donations
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Handles donation processing and downloading of donor information from the IRUSA website.
- Produces gift receipts for gifts received.
- Works internally to resolve data discrepancies and/or data.
- Researches missing information or clarification.
- Creates gift batches with accurate donor contributions and produces gift validation report for Revenue Specialist(s) to review and commit gift batches.
- Collects daily donations received by Finance Office; evaluate, sort, distribute and total all donations made on a daily basis for daily reporting.
- Scans and electronically file all incoming donations to assist with maintaining source documentation.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Must be proficient and highly accurate in data entry.
- Internet familiarity and strong mathematical ability in order to interpret data and perform a variety of mathematical calculations required.
- Must have effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must have ability to multitask and solve day-to-day work challenges.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Prior data entry and cash handling experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, preferred.
- Proficiency in English preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The anticipated hire date for this position is 4/15/2020 – 6/6/2020. Priority may be given to those with more flexibility in their availability.