Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) to enhance efficiency and create the capacity necessary
for the CEO to focus on the most critical aspects of the CEO’s job. The Executive
Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external
stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant will
have a wide range of responsibilities, including project management, and
assisting in the planning, development and implementation of the CEO’s
strategic and operational office processes and procedures. The Executive
Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and the Executive
and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and
external relations efforts, and oversees special projects on behalf of the CEO.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced
environment that is mission-driven. The candidate must show commitment to
IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles, as well as a commitment to the
vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing his schedule and anticipating next steps and issues.
- Handles meeting management with Executives and as designated by the CEO, including organizing activities, events, or conferences, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and visitors and controlling event budgets as assigned by the CEO.
- Supports the CEO with consistent, organized systematic follow up on projects and tasks assigned to CEO, the Executive team, and senior management.
- Prepares internal and external meetings, including participating directly in external meetings and following up with relevant parties when needed.
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the CEO including managing the CEO’s calendar, files, routine correspondence and coordinating a variety of executive meetings with staff, donors, consultants, guests and other stakeholders.
- Designs, organizes and implements strategic organizational initiatives, special projects and major campaigns in collaboration with other departments.
- Coordinates travel logistics, including transportation, lodging and meetings in coordination with the Board of Directors, CEO, members of the Executive team, and stakeholders within IRUSA.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondences from the office of the CEO and responds as appropriate.
- Prepares variety of high quality presentations, research, web content, speeches and talking points for the CEO.
- Ensures the preparedness of the CEO for all internal and external meetings and engagements.
- Organizes and assists with events, including guest visits, large and small employee events and trainings.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, catering and promotional materials as needed.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for the CEO office and Board of Director’s meetings.
- Maintains Board governance records and documents in coordination with the Board Secretary and the Legal Department.
- Responds to routine external correspondences.
- Prepares the CEO’s expense reports and other types of reimbursements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years Executive Administrative Assistant experience, required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree such as MBA or JD preferred.
- Exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion on sensitive matters at all times.
- Travel management & logistics – international and domestic experience a plus.
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint as well as Google products and other online business software.
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly under pressure.
- Knows how to work effectively as a team player, in a collaborative environment, must work well with peers and members of the greater organization.
- Previous experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work overtime on weekends and holidays as needed.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second language preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.