Title: Events Coordinator
Status: Regular, full-time
Location: Totowa, NJ
Division: Fund Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports in planning and coordinating special events, guest speaker tours, concert tours and fundraising programs.
• Assists in organizing and implementing community fundraising programs.
• Helps identify prospective corporate sponsors.
• Negotiates contracts with facilities and hotels and manages the budget for all events.
• Facilitates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, etc.
• Represents Islamic Relief USA at local functions.
• Assists in planning yearly and quarterly regional plans.
• Assists in planning and attending fundraising and sponsored community events.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail and fax.
• Records and reports minutes during quarterly meetings.
• Manages official records, including financial records.
• Manages incoming donations and completes paper work.
• Schedules office meetings and follows-up.
• Punctually prepares and submits office reimbursement forms as needed.
• Ensures that expenses and invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
• Plans and leads meetings with staff and volunteers.
• Extends and maintains communication with volunteers.
• Serves on task forces and committees related to volunteerism.
• Assists with developing and implementing volunteer program.
• Recruits volunteers for local and national events.
• Follows up with potential volunteer emails and phone calls.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and strong people skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail: excellent time-management, networking and multitasking skills.
• Work independently and in a team and possess strong time management skills
• Experience in formulating and managing multiple event budgets.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and able to identify new opportunities.
• The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
• Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.