Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Division: Finance & Administration
Islamic Relief USA is a highly respected international humanitarian relief and development organization. The Database Analyst will maintain data storage; assess database design; and gather, organize, and interpret statistical information based on the data in the database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees database development and modification efforts.
• Designs and implements secure, efficient, and accurate databases.
• Maintains current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices.
• Ensures that databases are designed to meet specifications and requirements at the lowest possible costs.
• Ensures that database projects are completed on time and within estimated costs.
• Develops and maintains documentation and standards.
• Identifies and resolves production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
• Gathers, organizes, and interprets statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, upper management.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Understanding of computer languages used within database.
• Understanding of database design and construction.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
• At least one-year experience in Data Processing.