Job Title: Development Coordinator
Location: Buena Park, CA
Division: Fund Development
Islamic Relief is seeking a Development Coordinator who is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding major and minor gifts, initiating, maintaining and growing donor relationships to maximize their long-term value and benefit to the organization. The Development Coordinator strives to match the philanthropic interests of current and prospective donors with the mission and goals of the organization. The majority of time is spent constantly prospecting the community for potential donors to maximize the donor base and to build support for Islamic Relief projects. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the general public in the region.
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Planes, organizes and facilitates fundraising activities (events, dinners, concerts, etc.)
- Responds to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information: secure donations from donors and provide them with relevant information.
- Engages with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities, as appropriate.
- Schedules and delivers presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Prepares and submits plans, projections and reports to the Community Fund Development Manager.
- Continues to improve job-related skills through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced in working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and communicate well.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Energetic with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in fundraising preferred.
- Must be available to travel at least 75% of the time domestically with occasional international travel.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities.
- Strong record keeping skills and basic writing skills.
- Desire to work for humanitarian cause.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have own means of transportation.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.