Title: Events Coordinator
Status: Regular, full-time
Location: Richardson, TX
Division: Fund Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports in planning and coordinating special events, guest speaker tours, concert tours and fundraising programs.
- Assists in organizing and implementing community fundraising programs.
- Helps identify prospective corporate sponsors.
- Negotiates contracts with facilities and hotels and manages the budget for all events.
- Facilitates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, catering, signage, displays, etc.
- Represents Islamic Relief USA at local functions.
- Assists in planning yearly and quarterly regional plans.
- Assists in planning and attending fundraising and sponsored community events.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and fax.
- Records and reports minutes during quarterly meetings.
- Manages official records, including financial records.
- Manages incoming donations and completes paper work.
- Schedules office meetings and follows-up.
- Punctually prepares and submits office reimbursement forms as needed.
- Ensures that expenses and invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Plans and leads meetings with staff and volunteers.
- Extends and maintains communication with volunteers.
- Serves on task forces and committees related to volunteerism.
- Assists with developing and implementing volunteer program.
- Recruits volunteers for local and national events.
- Follows up with potential volunteer emails and phone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail: excellent time-management, networking and multitasking skills.
- Work independently and in a team and possess strong time management skills
- Experience in formulating and managing multiple event budgets.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and able to identify new opportunities.
- The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.