Higg is the sustainability insights platform for consumer goods businesses – delivering software and services for measuring, managing, and sharing supply chain performance data.
From materials to products, from facilities to stores, from emissions to working conditions, Higg unlocks a complete view of a business’s social and environmental impact.
Built on the leading framework for sustainability measurement, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the single source of ESG intelligence they need to accelerate business and industry transformation.
Launched in 2019 as a public-benefit corporation, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, the industry-leading value chain measurement methodology developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
Higg is seeking an experienced counsel to help in both customer and company matters.
You are an experienced legal professional who will serve as Associate General Counsel advising on a variety of legal matters. You will play a critical role within our growing organization that will interface with both external and internal stakeholders on topics ranging from contracts, negotiations, regulations and other issues impacting our business. You will work closely with finance and operations and external counsel to minimize risk while maximizing business opportunities. Additionally, you will partner with the organization’s executive leaders to help them achieve their goals and objectives from partnerships to trademarks to data usage to customer contracts.
You will be highly organized with a solution-oriented mindset and prior experience in a start-up or working with a firm servicing SaaS companies. You are a proactive self-starter who has a proven ability to work in ambiguous situations and create a path forward. You have the ability to thrive working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment. You must be comfortable with a remote work environment.
As the first internal legal role in the company, you will shape the future legal team and external resources as the company grows.
This role is US-based remote and reports into the Chief Operating Officer.
What You'll Do:
We'd Like to See:
What We Can Offer You:
- · Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance offered through multiple PPO options. 90% employee premium and 60% spouse/dependent premium covered by Higg.
- · Company sponsored 401k with up to 4% match
- · Incentive Stock Options
- · 100% Parental Paid Leave
- · Unlimited PTO
- · 12 company holidays
Life at Higg
We’re motivated by the opportunity to help customers improve every aspect of the trillion-dollar industries that touch everyone’s lives. We want business to change for good, but in a way that adds up to industry-scale change, because no business can change the world alone and doing just one thing for a positive headline won't change our world fast enough. Agree?
- · Be part of a team that includes software engineers, sustainability professionals, business leaders, marketers, designers, artists, number crunchers and more than a handful of farmers! (From backyard mushrooms to multi-acre orchards.)
- Surround yourself with the kindest, smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, who dream big, listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, pull together to help each other out.
- · Enjoy benefits including unlimited PTO, flexible working locations, benefits packaging which includes health (medical, dental, vision) and flexible spending benefits, and retirement matching plan.
Because Higg is on a mission to change how things are made, for the planet and each of us on it, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we strive to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads and works with empathy and respect.