Higg is the sustainability insights platform for consumer goods businesses – delivering software and services for measuring, managing, and sharing supply chain performance data.
From materials to products, from facilities to stores, from emissions to working conditions, Higg unlocks a complete view of a business’s social and environmental impact.
Built on the leading framework for sustainability measurement, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the single source of ESG intelligence they need to accelerate business and industry transformation.
Launched in 2019 as a public-benefit corporation, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, the industry-leading value chain measurement methodology developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. www.higg.com
You are curious, creative, passionate about sustainability, and want to build products that impact consumer goods supply chains at a global scale. You are comfortableng from a blank canvas with Executives and product leaders to build out a complete new design aesthetic and language. You can manage design teams and roll up your sleeves to develop sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes on your own. You have experience building enterprise products and/or software as a service, with strong ideation skills, an ability to see the big picture, and a passion for turning complex products into simple and intuitive experiences.
You are comfortable working with and leading cross-functional teams that include: software developers, marketing, sales, customer successes, and project managers. You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and enjoy working with distributed teams. You’re able to distill complexity into clarity, see the big picture and business context, and devise creative and pragmatic solutions.
The Principal UX Designer will be responsible for the overall design, look, and feel of a new suite of tools for brands and their supply chain partners (facilities and materials developers). Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop an extensible, best-in-class, and intuitive user experience and design language for a new set of SAAS products that works across a set of sustainability impacts (carbon, waste, water, social/labor).
- Ensuring that we are building for users who are not sustainability experts.
- Quickly wireframe and prototype new product concepts.
- Manage agencies and other external creatives as needed to execute your vision.
- Develop a core set of UX metrics and success criteria to analyze products post-launch and inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Lead work with Product Leadership, Marketing, and Strategy to integrate this design language into corporate collateral and communications.
- Curiosity, an ability to think creatively, and a passion for learning new things;
- Experience designing consumer grade SAAS or enterprise software products;
- Years of experience managing design teams;
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards and inclusive design practices;
- Highly skilled in quickly and iteratively creating user flows, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation, using modern design and prototyping tools;
- Experience working in a collaborative team, interfacing directly with developers and program managers
- Experience working with sustainability professionals;
- Experience developing a core set of UX metrics and success criteria to analyze products post-launch and inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Experience building and creating an entire design language from scratch;
- · Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance offered through multiple PPO options. 90% employee premium and 60% spouse/dependent premium covered by Higg.
- Company sponsored 401k with up to 4% match
- Incentive Stock Options
- 100% Parental Paid Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 company holidays
- · Work from Anywhere
- Be a part of a team that includes Software Engineers, Sustainability professionals, business leaders, marketers, designers, artists, number crunchers and more than a handful of farmers! (From backyard mushrooms to multi-acre orchards)
- Surround yourself with the kindest, smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, who dream big, listen well, learn from their mistakes and pull together to help each other when things go wrong.
Individuals seeking employment at Higg are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.