Human Resources Manager
Who We Are:
Higg is the sustainability insights platform for consumer goods industries, delivering software and services for measuring, managing, and sharing supply chain performance data.
From materials to products, from facilities to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions, Higg unlocks a complete view of a business’s social and environmental impact. Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019 as a public-benefit technology company, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
Today, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the comprehensive intelligence needed to accelerate business and industry transformation.
We currently have an opening for a Human Resources Manager to join our rapidly growing organization. Reporting directly to the Human Resources Director, you will be responsible for ensuring the overall administration and coordination of the human resource processes and plans. This role will also be responsible for delivering talent acquisition, employee relations, training and development, employee engagement, and managing the full cycle employee experience across the HR function. This is a full-time remote opportunity.
- Source, recruit, engage, hire, and onboard qualified job applicants and collaborate with departmental managers to ensure that the information in the descriptions is accurate and representative of each position’s responsibilities.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process to ensure a seamless recruiting and onboarding experience
- Responsible for effectively identifying, investigating, and addressing employee relations issues
- Actively support and participates in HR strategic initiatives and projects
- Help develop and support a collaborative, creative, and fun global work culture for a primary remote workforce
- Own the recruitment process including automating processes and using ATS or HRIS systems
- Establish, maintain, and control employee files in compliance with applicable laws
- Analyze, strategize, implement, and evaluate current and future business needs through the development, engagement, employee recognition programs, motivation, and the preservation of human capital
- Help create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Pro-actively support employees with the end-to-end employment cycle and day-to-day HR administrative operations of the teams
- Undertake tasks around performance management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years progressive HR experience required
- Must have a strong HR background and experience to draw on for best practices and creative problem resolution
- Must have strong experience with compliance
- Knowledgeable with California employment laws
- Ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge of federal and multi-state employment laws and regulation
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the organization
- Passion for sustainability and impact, strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy