Higg is the sustainability insights platform for consumer goods industries, delivering software and services for measuring, managing, and sharing supply chain performance data.
From materials to products, from facilities to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions, Higg unlocks a complete view of a business’s social and environmental impact. Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019 as a public-benefit technology company, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
Today, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the comprehensive intelligence needed to accelerate business and industry transformation.
We currently have an opening for a key leader in our organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the Director, Human Resources will oversee all aspects of HR for a growing global technology company with a team of over 60 employees and consultants located throughout the world.
The successful candidate will serve as the primary point person for all employment related matters across the organization and lead the development of key infrastructure of a fast growing start up. They will ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding employment issues; serve as primary liaison to our national and global PEO and systems; manage all new employee on-boarding; oversee payroll and benefits; develop and administer Higg’s employee performance management and D&I programs; and maintain Higg’s written policies and procedures for all aspects of its operations, including Higg’s office manuals and employee handbooks. Most importantly, the Director, Human Resources will support and foster job satisfaction and employee happiness at Higg.
● Implement and manage employment policies, standards and procedures globally
● Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations for international workforce
● Manage employee payroll and benefit plans in the US and globally
● Talent Acquisition
○ Support hiring managers with position analysis and job descriptions
○ Manage the recruiting and employee on-boarding process
● Talent Management
○ Further develop and manage Higg’s performance review process
○ Coordinate and support employee training needs
● Serve as liaison with external providers of benefits and benefits-related services
● Help develop and support a collaborative, creative, and fun global work culture for a primarily remote workforce
● Serve as the in-house expert on HR legal matters in the US and other countries
● Develop and implement global payroll and benefit administration for a growing international staff
● Provide leadership for Diversity, Inclusion and Access initiatives and programs
● Facilitates the resolution of employee relations issues. Provides counsel that is consistent with company policy & practices, legal considerations, etc.
● Manage US based and international professional employer organization (PEO) for Higg
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
● 5+ years of human resource management experience required
● Experience in start-up, high-growth environments required
● Experience in payroll, benefits admin, and employee relations and investigations
● International HR experience required
● Experience designing, implementing, leading D&I initiatives, strongly preferred
● Experience exiting a PEO is preferred
● A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the organization
● Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
● Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment
● Demonstrated professional or personal interest in social and labor issues and/or environmental sustainability
● Solid computer and business software skills in most major platforms: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Asana, Dropbox, Google Apps. Advanced Excel Skills preferred
● Flexible to work early or late hours and travel globally to support Higg's clientbase of global organizations
● Experience working with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
● Passion for sustainability and impact, strongly preferred
Higg offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, including a competitive benefits package which includes health (medical, dental, vision), paid time off, flexible spending benefits and a retirement matching plan.
A qualified candidate should submit a current resume and a cover letter.