Technical Product Manager at Higg
Remote, Western Hemisphere, FTE
Higg is the sustainability insights platform for consumer goods industries, delivering software and services for measuring, managing, and sharing supply chain performance data.
From materials to products, from facilities to stores, across energy, waste, water, and working conditions, Higg unlocks a complete view of a business’s social and environmental impact. Spun out of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition in 2019 as a public-benefit technology company, Higg is the exclusive licensee of the Higg Index, a suite of tools for the standardized measurement of supply chain sustainability.
Today, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the comprehensive intelligence needed to accelerate business and industry transformation.
You’re an experienced product manager who understands what it takes to define and deliver modern web-based software. You enjoy taking the lead in distilling business requirements from various stakeholders. You’re comfortable articulating business cases and facilitating tradeoffs, and excel at crafting user stories and acceptance criteria for technical teams. You enjoy working with distributed teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead discovery and delivery cycles on multiple time horizons
- Represent the needs of internal stakeholders and customers during feature definition and design
- Translate product vision into epics and stories
- Own backlog prioritization for your areas of focus
- Align teams and cross-functional partners so everyone understands what is being built, and why
- Directly support release planning and change management, including working with internal customer support and training teams
We'd Like To See
- 4+ years in software product management (within consumer goods or sustainability a plus)
- Experience with project management
- Experience working directly with customers and stakeholders
- Acumen for balancing diplomacy and leadership
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to derive actionable insights from data
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experience with software localization a plus
- Familiarity with survey design methodology a plus
- You know your way around JIRA
Life at Higg
We’re motivated by the opportunity to help customers improve every aspect of the trillion-dollar industries that touch everyone’s lives. We want business to change for good, but in a way that adds up to industry-scale change, because no business can change the world alone and doing just one thing for a positive headline won't change our world fast enough. Agree?
Be part of a team that includes software engineers, sustainability professionals, business leaders, marketers, designers, artists, number crunchers and more than a handful of farmers! (From backyard mushrooms to multi-acre orchards.)
Surround yourself with the kindest, smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, who dream big, listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, pull together to help each other out.
Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, flexible working locations, benefits packaging which includes health (medical, dental, vision) and flexible spending benefits, and retirement matching plan.
Because Higg is on a mission to change how things are made, for the planet and each of us on it, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we strive to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads and works with empathy and respect.
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter.