The Junior Level ExpressJS API Developer will work with the technical team to develop features and remediate defects for customer-facing web applications. You will work with a cross functional squad in an innovative, efficient, flexible, and agile manner. You will contribute to multiple development efforts on new and existing features across several areas of our application stack. The applicant should have a demonstrated development background in production applications, web APIs, and coding best practices. Come build great things with us!
· Good understanding in NodeJS
· Good understanding of NoSQL database technologies, CouchDB and ElasticSearch a plus
· 2+ years of experience in web API development. ExpressJS based experience a plus
· Aware of web API and HTTP/HTTP2 best practices
Requirements and General Skills:
· Good interpersonal skills and eager to contribute to the team
· Solid time management skills with the ability to work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Must be proactive and eager to contribute to your cross functional squad’s output
· Familiarity writing unit and integration tests, Jest experience a plus
· Familiarity with GIT or other source control systems
Education or Formal Training
· BS in Computer Science (or related engineering field) or equivalent experience
· Agile process training is a plus but not required
Life at Higg:
We’re motivated by the opportunity to help customers improve every aspect of the trillion-dollar industries that touch everyone’s lives. We want business to change for good, but in a way that adds up to industry-scale change, because no business can change the world alone and doing just one thing for a positive headline won't change our world fast enough. Agree?
Be part of a team that includes software engineers, sustainability professionals, business leaders, marketers, designers, artists, number crunchers and more than a handful of farmers! (From backyard mushrooms to multi-acre orchards.)
Surround yourself with the kindest, smartest, most enthusiastic, and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, who dream big, listen well, learn from their mistakes, and when things go wrong, pull together to help each other out.
Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, flexible working locations, benefits packaging which includes health (medical, dental, vision) and flexible spending benefits, and retirement matching plan.
Because Higg is on a mission to change how things are made, for the planet and each of us on it, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we strive to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads and works with empathy and respect.