Today, Higg is trusted by global brands, retailers, and manufacturers to provide the comprehensive intelligence needed to accelerate business and industry transformation.
The Mid Level ExpressJS API Developer will work with the product management and technical teams to develop architectural models for customer-facing web applications which meet current and future needs of the organization in an innovative, consistent, efficient, sustainable, flexible, and agile manner. You will play a key role in building the next generation of sustainability solutions. You will contribute to multiple development efforts and become proficient in numerous areas of our application stack. The applicant should have a demonstrated development background in medium or large scale enterprise applications, web APIs, database design, and coding best practices. Come build great things with us!
· Proficient in NodeJS and have been using it in recent projects
· Good understanding of NoSQL and SQL database technologies, CouchDB and ElasticSearch a plus
· 4+ years of experience in web API development. ExpressJS based experience a plus
· Understanding of web API and HTTP/HTTP2 best practices
Requirements and General Skills:
· Experience building well-structured supporting libraries and enforcing clear separation of concerns
· Excellent interpersonal skills and eager to contribute to the team, review PRs, and assist team members
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Must be proactive and eager to contribute to your cross functional squad’s output
· Experience writing unit and integration tests, Jest experience a plus
· Experience with GIT or other source control systems
Education or Formal Training
· BS in Computer Science (or related engineering field) or equivalent experience
· Agile process training is a plus but not required
Life at Higg:
We’re motivated by the opportunity to help customers improve every aspect of the trillion-dollar industries that touch everyone’s lives. We want business to change for good, but in a way that adds up to industry-scale change, because no business can change the world alone and doing just one thing for a positive headline won't change our world fast enough. Agree?
Be part of a team that includes software engineers, sustainability professionals, business leaders, marketers, designers, artists, number crunchers and more than a handful of farmers! (From backyard mushrooms to multi-acre orchards.)
Surround yourself with the kindest, smartest, most enthusiastic, and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, who dream big, listen well, learn from their mistakes, and when things go wrong, pull together to help each other out.
Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, flexible working locations, benefits packaging which includes health (medical, dental, vision) and flexible spending benefits, and retirement matching plan.
Because Higg is on a mission to change how things are made, for the planet and each of us on it, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we strive to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads and works with empathy and respect.