Higg Co is a technology company that delivers, implements, and supports the Higg Index for consumer goods industries. Developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, the Higg Index is a suite of tools that enables brands, retailers, and facilities of all sizes — at every stage in their sustainability journey — to accurately measure and score a company or product’s sustainability performance. The Higg Index delivers a holistic overview that empowers businesses to make meaningful improvements that protect the well-being of factory workers, local communities, and the environment.
Higg Co seeks an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our growing Higg Index technology team. In this position, working closely with a global team of software developers, QA engineers, project managers, and product managers, you will play a key role in building the next generation of sustainability solutions. You will be responsible for multiple development efforts and become a subject matter expert for specific areas of our application stack.
This role will engage with external stakeholders including product managers, end users, clients, and large multi-national organizations. As such, it is important that you have experience in a user/client facing role and are able to communicate clearly and professionally to a multi-stakeholder audience.
You will be stepping into an existing high-growth organization and a new platform that just re-launched in November. As an experienced developer, you understand the opportunities and challenges that come with a new platform and are not only excited to jump in, but also have experienced the entrepreneurial phase at a technology or services organization or company and can contribute your expertise and insight.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to both the front-end and back-end of our application stack
- Mentor Jr. Developers in their careers
- Work with developers and architects to create performant and best in class products
- Help to create and manage a new software development process that transitions the org from “Move fast and break things” to “Stability and Predictability”
- Work closely with our CTO on new initiatives and efforts
- Communicate and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with QA, Design and DevOps to maintain system quality and uptime
Key Duties / Tasks
- Become feature owner for multiple critical aspects of the application
- Contribute to systems architecture on the front-end, back-end, and operational code
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Ability
- 2+ years of experience as a Typescript developer
- Significant NodeJS expertise
- Significant Angular 5+ experience
- Expertise in at least 2 other languages/environments (ex: Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- NoSQL and RDMS database expertise
- Experience with Docker/Containerization deployments
- Deep understanding of AWS services and roll-outs
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Ability to get the job done in an environment with minimal supervision
- A practical perspective that balances current needs with the desire for perfection
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, build, release and maintain web-scale systems
- A flexible, integration focused, outlook that allows you to proceed in uncertain environments while at the same time mixing new, old and custom-built technologies in interesting and sometimes counter-intuitive ways
Education or Formal Training
- BS in Computer Science (or related engineering field) or equivalent experience
- Formal project management experience is a plus, but we have dedicated PM capacity so not a requirement.
- Formal agile process training is a plus, but we currently run a pretty lean process so not a requirement
Compensation and Location
Higg Co offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, including a substantial benefits package, which includes health (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, a generous work-from-home policy, paid time off and 401K matching. Higg Co’s customers are global organizations, and as such, the Higg Co staff sometimes works early or late hours. This position is full time and will be located in Irvine, CA.
Higg Co is an equal opportunity employer.