About the Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways, and now Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure. As a high growth software and data startup based out of Detroit, offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy.
What’s the Opportunity?
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Government Relations and Policy Affairs to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for a forward-thinking, strategic, and relationship-oriented government relations professional to build and execute a policy strategy. This role will focus on the federal government but will lead the full range of our policy activities, including engagements at the international, state, tribal, and local levels. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to develop and implement policies shaping the next dimension of mobility. If you are passionate about innovation in the UAS space, there is no better place to be than here amongst our brilliant team at Airspace Link.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make
- Develop and implement Airspace Link’s policy strategy, focusing on local, state, tribal, federal government, as well as potential collaboration with international partners
- Represent Airspace Link before government agencies, with a focus on the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, and the Department of Defense, cultivating trust with professional and political officials
- Represent Airspace Link in key industry associations, building relationships across the community to support enhancement of public perception for UAS and BVLOS operations
- Establish Airspace Link’s regulatory objectives by partnering with policy makers, regulatory agencies, and customers
- Monitor and lead Airspace Link’s response to policy proposals and rulemakings from federal agencies, industry associations, and standards bodies
- Develop policy playbooks that can be used to scale adoption of Airspace Link’s strategies across engaged and potential government customers/partners
We Expect You to Have
- Experience with state, tribal, and federal policy making, which could include service in the executive branch, legislative branch, industry associations, or related endeavors. Specific experience with policies relating to mobility, robotics, and/or uncrewed air is preferred.
- Experience in UAS, mobility, transportation, or aviation SaaS space
- You are a storyteller by nature. At Airspace Link, we believe policy work is storytelling by another name. You excel at casting a vision and sharing stories about the transformational impact of technology in a way that naturally advances policy objectives.
- You understand that significant policy victories are never achieved alone. You excel at building and sustaining support for forward-leaning policy objectives by working across multiple axes, including the executive branch, the legislative branch, industry associations, and public relations.
- Experience with appropriations--especially defense appropriations--is helpful.
- Strong sense of ownership and adaptability to greenfield industry and startup environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel, as required (likely no more than 10-30% of the time).
- A Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degrees--including law degrees--are preferred but not required.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Benefits and Rewards
- Award winning culture
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous Time Off
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Home Office Budget
- Culture of Learning
- Community Support
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.