Airspace Link is the market leader in State & Local Government drone planning and management software, data exchange, and mapping offering the most powerful geospatial cloud solutions available, connecting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state/local government authorities to the UAS (drone) industry. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership.
What's the Opportunity
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer with full-stack experience to join our rapidly growing distributed Engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you would be involved in all stages of the design and implementation of user interface components for Airspace Link’s React-based web and mobile applications. This position can be onsite/hybrid at our beautiful downtown Detroit office, or Remote, for candidates outside of the area.
Your work matters and will be shipped to production the same day it’s completed. Of course, what’s a job posting without some bullet points.
Here are a few examples of what your peers have worked on recently:
- Scaffold a new light-weight version of our platform for embedding in third-party websites
- Develop new form validators to prevent pilots from operating at inappropriate hours
- Develop a popup to describe different map features on which the user has clicked
- Develop new API for spatially indexing geographic data
- Normalize database tables to reduce data redundancy
- Fix a time zone bug where the UTC offset was inappropriately applied Render the area measurement for map-based sketches
We Expect You To Have
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to the needs of a greenfield industry
- 5+ years of experience working on production SaaS applications or APIs
- An affinity for code and performance optimizations, including algorithm/data design and usage
- Familiarity with CSS and/or CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass, etc)
- Intermediate SQL capability
- Ability to work in the United States; at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships
How to Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.