About the Company
Airspace Link is the market leader in State & Local Government drone planning and management software, data exchange, and mapping offering the most powerful geospatial cloud solutions available, connecting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state/local government authorities to the UAS (drone) industry. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make
Love data? So do we! As part of our exciting expansion plans, we are looking for a Geospatial Data Solutions Architect to join our rapidly growing data team. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you will push the limits of core geospatial technology by harnessing all that the cloud has to offer. We are looking for a clear analytical thinker and leader who makes decisions based on strategic goals, KPIs, and value-based outcomes.
Your work matters. You'll be working with data analysts and engineers to build out and maintain versatile and well-tuned geospatial pipelines, analytical solutions, and platforms that will serve as the engine that supports frequent shipments of geospatial features, services, and data. Here are some examples of what you can expect:
- Engage with company leadership and AirHub™ Product Manager to help craft conceptual AirHub™ Insights data products
- Work with AirHub™ Product Manager to scope data deliverables and schedules that support AirHub™ product road map
- Work with Geospatial Technical Architect to support AirHub™ Services projects and initiatives
- Administer installation, configuration, and administration of full stack of geospatial data technology (geospatial data stores, geospatial data services, analytical services, databases)
- Lead data product to create and optimize geospatial data services and geoprocessing services
- Support the core cloud resources required to host a full geodata stack (virtual machines, geospatial data stores, function apps, et)
- Research and integrate new cloud and geo resources, technology, and methods to extend and optimize the AirHub™ stack, broaden AirHub™ Insights analytics capabilities, and sustain AirHub™ Insights Data.
- Work with developer and data teams to support existing and new data solution requirements
We Expect You to Have
- 5+ years of experience leading data product or project delivery teams preferably in the UAS domain
- Data product management skills
- Strong working knowledge of geospatial tech, data, advanced models, and geoprocessing services
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions in cloud environments
- Strong working knowledge of Python (ArcPy / GeoPandas / Jupyter Notebook)
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Online / Enterprise and Desktop software
- Understanding of API concepts and exposure to Azure functions, database queries, serverless or microservice architectures preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geography, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent level of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States (at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships)
Benefits & Perks at Airspace Link
- Competitive compensation package
- Incentive Stock Options
- Three weeks Paid Time Off with additional sick days
- Great insurance coverage including medical, vision, dental, and FSA
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ongoing education and development opportunities
How to Apply
We appreciate a personable cover letter to accompany your application.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture , and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.