What’s the Opportunity?Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership. You would be joining a group of passionate, diverse, well-rounded professionals in their respective fields, including data scientists, software engineers, aviation engineers, and industry experts from startup, corporate, and government sectors.
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we are hiring a Product Manager to lead the creation of tools and services used for the management of local airspace, commercial drone logistics, and beyond visual line of sight operations. Reporting to the CTO, you will have touch-points across a wide cross-section of the company.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll MakeAt the highest level, this role is responsible for setting the product’s vision and strategy. The job is to clearly articulate the business value to the team, so each stakeholder understands the intent behind new and existing product enhancements; ensuring product engineering is a calm, deliberate, and concerted effort.
The Product Manager manages the release process and dependencies in and across release phases and milestones. The candidate will coordinate all activities required to bring new functionality to market. This involves bridging gaps between different functions within the company and aligning key teams – namely marketing, sales, customer success, and engineering.
The Product Manager prioritizes features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives. You must make difficult trade-off decisions based on the value new features will deliver. You work closely with engineering on technical specifications and ensure teams have all the information needed to deliver a complete product to market.
Much of the work will be proactive but fast-paced. Here are some examples of what you might be working on:
- Work with company leadership to translate market signals, customer feedback, service desk issues, and known requirements into release backlog and product roadmap
- Support engineering team in sprint planning and execution to ship new impactful features for our products
- Manage from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, promotion, support, and finally product end of life
- Deliver the operating plan: the achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit, and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers
- Own the ongoing process of improving key product usage metrics
- Work with 3rd parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
We Expect You to Have
- 3+ years of experience in a product role in the aviation industry
- Proven ability to define a product roadmap, vision, and strategy
- Technical competency – able to understand and participate in engineering decisions
- Ability to analyze product data, evaluate the success of features, and provide key learnings
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Aerospace, GIS, or related field
- Ability to work in the United States; at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships
Benefits & Perks at Airspace Link
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Incentive Stock Options
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- Great insurance coverage including medical, vision, dental, and FSA
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ongoing education and development opportunities
How to Apply
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on some of the following:
- Tell how you’ve delivered the right product at the right time in your past life.
- Share examples of great products and why they are perfectly suited for their market.
- Who’s a small to medium business that you think positions themselves particularly well? Who’s doing an outstanding job out there? And why?
- What’s inspired you lately?
- What’s a product you’ve used lately that has missed the mark and why?
- Tell us about something you almost bought recently but decided not to. What failed to convince you?
DEIJ StatementAirspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.