Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Beep’s Shuttle Attendants are the face of the company. Their ultimate responsibility is to ensure the safety of our riders as well as the shared road users. Shuttle attendant’s daily role is to engage the community by educating and humanizing autonomous technology for increased ridership. A successful candidate will be comfortable engaging and interacting with passengers about the shuttle technology, Beep’s vision, and the communities in which we operate. While the autonomous shuttles operate consistently in driverless mode, Beep has implemented additional safety measures which will require manual operations of the shuttle by means of a handheld gaming controller. This role will also offer the potential for advancement as we continue to grow and scale our business into new markets and areas.
This position is located in Port St. Lucie, FL.
· Safely operate the vehicle and system interface while in transit service
· Confidently represent the community and area businesses as a positive information source
· Successfully demonstrate safe manual maneuvers such as navigating entry into intersections and around blocked pathways
· Professionally and properly respond to potential customer issues that arise by maintaining a calm but authoritative demeanor
· Provide and follow essential emergency services during critical events
· Communicate clearly and enthusiastically with autonomous vehicle passengers
· Perform basic vehicle inspections before and after shifts to ensure the safety and protection of the vehicle and riders
· Troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues
· Notify, communicate, and follow direction from the Command Center of any vehicles issues that need attention
· Create tickets for issues as they arise; follow up to ensure issues are addressed and corrected
· Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
· Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
· Perform basic interior and exterior cleaning of the vehicle
· Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness
Performs other related duties as assigned.
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Professional appearance, demeanor, and communication skills
· Reliable team player with a positive attitude
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
· Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
· Ability to learn technical troubleshooting skills to determine causes of unexpected issues
· Remains calm during critical incidences
Education and Experience:
Valid driver’s license with a minimum of 5 years’ driving experience and clean Motor Vehicle Report
Minimum of 1-2 years customer service experience
Comfortable engaging with, and speaking to, members of the public and small groups of people
Ability to pass a background check and Federal drug screen
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in a moving shuttle
- Mixed outdoor environment with interior; may be exposed to heat or cold
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a gaming controller or joystick
- Ability to visually inspect and assess equipment, road conditions, and riders
- Ability to follow written and verbal direction
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal); bi-lingual a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times
- Must be able to assist ADA riders or those who may need assistance.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
· 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
· Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
· Life insurance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.