Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Our Finance and Accounting department is looking to expand. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and have direct exposure to both the CFO and Board of Directors. They will assist with the month, quarter, and year-end financial close process, AP and AR management, account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assist with audit preparations and perform other accounting duties as assigned. This position will also participate in the internal control’s creation, maintenance, and overall best practices. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting and finance professional looking for the next step in your career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
· Perform operational accounting for month, quarter, and year-end close
· Drive the AP and AR functions within the accounting department
· Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
· Assist in establishing, aligning, and driving monthly reporting package and presentations
· Assist with annual audit preparations
· Ensure proper application of internal controls to maintain the integrity of financial reporting
· Support integration initiatives for the company’s cloud-based enterprise software platform (NetSuite)
· Assist with monthly forecasting and partner with business leaders to establish a reforecast cadence
· Develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and maintain proper accounting records
· Perform other accounting duties as assigned
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 3+ years of related experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
- 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
- Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
- Life insurance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.