Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. The Security Engineer will be directly responsible for the security, resilience, observability, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. The Security Engineer will work with Senior Technology Leads to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market.
This is a full-time, remote position.
- Lead secure engineering efforts and participate in designing, implementing, and building software, as well as systems to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information from in-vehicle hardware
- Testing and auditing security controls on both software and infrastructure.
- Continuous improvement of security engineering processes around certificate management, credential management and software architecture.
- Help maintain processes and systems around security for engineering.
- Help understand and navigate audits such as NIS, ISO and CIS.
- Assist in troubleshooting service issues
- Writing and maintaining of engineering and product documentation
- Participate in design review, architecture, and implementation discussions for new features
- Maintain tests for the application, systems, and related projects
- Improving the engineering process when it comes to feature planning and development, release planning, application versioning
- 5+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development
- Experience with secure architecture and common problems that lead to Security issues.
- Experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Fluency in at least 1 language, and willingness to learn other languages as the need arises
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
- Experience with navigating a security audit or review.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
- 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
- Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
- Life insurance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.