Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
The Project Manager reports to the Executive VP of Service Delivery and provides project management and controls on upcoming and ongoing projects. This role manages the execution of small to large-sized projects of ranging complexities and scope, acting as the commercial liaison between Beep and the customer. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of planning, organizing, and leading a project team with the support of functional and technical leads, utilizing a well-defined project execution strategy that effectively balances customer needs with the budget and scope of the project.
Key among the Project Manager's duties is the recognition that risk directly impacts the likelihood of success and that this risk must be both formally and informally measured throughout the lifecycle of a project.
This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Orlando, FL
- Plan and manage services including contract compliance, project initiation, order booking and invoicing, active scope, budget, and schedule management, documentation, and resourcing for all assigned projects with the support of functional and technical leads
- Analyze and communicate risk analysis; manage and direct project risks and issues
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Direct work assignment and work direction for project team members, including subcontract and vendor management
- Provide ongoing feedback and evaluation of project team members including areas of strengths and weaknesses for execution; report and escalate to management as needed
- Communicate with management to report on project performance and elevate employee and customer concerns
- Manage all administration activities of projects, including order booking, tracking, and invoicing
- Define resource needs, fulfillment, and scheduling for assigned projects while balancing short and long-term company goals
- Maintain a high degree of customer contact, in terms of quality and frequency, to understand and analyze their project needs, define and present solutions, and drive satisfaction and expansion of services; provide project updates and status reports to the customer
- Provide a review of project deliverables prior to customer delivery
- Understand and ensure compliance with vendor operating design domain, customer contracts, other principals, and regulating agencies
- Support customer and internal audits
- Support the procurement and management of the Autonomous Vehicles for deployment
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Project Manager will be expected to manage every aspect of project design and delivery. This will require frequent engagement with departmental stakeholders, customers, and vendors in order to drive progress forward. Success will require identifying and managing critical tasks and dependencies with minimal oversight and making recommendations for solutions, inclusive of route optimization, project deliverables, budget, and other improvement ideas, applying change order management processes where necessary. Additionally, the Project Manager will ensure there is consistency, utilization of tools and standards across all areas of the project, and proper documentation for work performed. This role will work within project scope, budget, and schedule constraints, with direct responsibility for results. The Project Manager will be held accountable for timely and proactive communication of, and holding internal teams accountable for, timely resolution.
- Internal and external dependency management
- Meticulous concern for stakeholder approvals and project artifact documentation
- Ability to work across a variety of stakeholders, both task execution and executive level
- Expert at various project methodologies, especially Critical Path Method, Hybrid, and Agile
- Expert knowledge of prominent project management and task management tools (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Monday.com, JIRA, etc.)
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced and evolving industry
- Expert project governance and escalation management skills
- Ability to quickly summarize key risks and issues and develop mitigation plans
- Previous success in a matrix environment
- High emotional intelligence and situational awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate business plans and recommendations to internal teams and external customers
- Excellent active listening skills
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of stakeholders
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills in order to handle multiple tasks and projects at once while meeting critical deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- PMP Certification required
- 5+ years of end-to-end project management experience with complex, multi-dependency projects
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicle, Robotics, Transportation or Transit project management a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment
- Periodic crouching, standing, or driving in external environments
- Travel up to 50%
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
- 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
- Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
- Life insurance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.