Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Software Engineers will be directly responsible for the prototyping, development, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. This role will work with senior technology leads to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. Candidates should expect to participate in a code review as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
- Contribute to the engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building software to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information from in-vehicle hardware
- Designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time analysis.
- Integrate multiple sources of information (GPS, LiDAR, CAN, mapping, Bluetooth, NFC, REST, user-sources, etc.) into a platform
- Maintain tests for the application and related projects
- Write and maintain engineering and product documentation
- Participate in design review, architecture, and implementation discussions for new features
- Improve the engineering process as it pertains to feature planning and development, release planning, and application versioning
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Fluency in at least one “compiled” language, such as C-type language, Go, Rust, Java, Scala, Kotlin, or Swift
- Exposure to Linux
- Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
- Familiarity with TensorFlow or other AI/ML frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity developing embedded software is a plus
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- Master’s degree or internship/work experience in lieu of education
- 2+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in a remote office environment.
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
- 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
- Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
- Life insurance
- Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.