Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
The Operational Site Manager will be responsible to ensure the safe and compliant operation of our AV shuttles at customer sites through team leadership, coaching, and accountability. This role is critical is ensuring successful site deployment and continuation of service. This role will also ensure Beep's fleet of Autonomous Vehicles are in good working order to both maximize service uptime and provide safe, reliable service to our customers. Site Managers will also be responsible for regular vehicle inspections, scheduled maintenance, aftermarket modifications, and working with vendors to resolve any mechanical issues.
• Oversees the daily workflow and service of the location
• Interfaces with customers to develop and grow our service
• Supports ongoing needs for service delivery; commissioning as required
• Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, and develops new Team Members
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaches Team Members for advancement
• Provides structure and guidance for Team Members in accordance with company policies
• Schedules Attendants and activities to efficiently cover operational hours without incurring overtime; fills gaps when irregular operations occur
• Approves timecards, payroll, and Attendant expenses
• Promotes ridership and high-quality rider experience, shadows Attendants on a routine basis for Quality Assurance
• Serves as designated emergency response contact, to include working with authorities, conducting onsite drug and alcohol testing, and coordination of incident reporting
• Perform regular delivery and scheduled inspections based on vendor preventative maintenance schedules
• Partner with the Beep Command Center to diagnose and resolve issues with Beep’s fleet of autonomous vehicles
• Support L1 to L5 autonomous vehicle maintenance activities
• Documenting maintenance procedures and service manuals
• Participate in Beep's change management and incident management procedures for preparation of planned and unplanned maintenance
• Ensure consistent implementation of inspection and maintenance procedures across all Beep service areas
• Work closely with the manufacturer and the Director of Operations to procure and maintain spare parts and associated inventory
• Manage aftermarket modifications to Beep’s autonomous vehicles
• Effectively organize work across multiple priorities and programs
• Maintain vendor maintenance certifications (training will be provided)
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Site Manager will be expected to manage every aspect of site readiness and operations from pre-delivery requirements to shuttle and site operations through duration of engagement. This may include participation in customer kick-off meetings, operations launch, risk assessment and mitigation meetings, resource planning and management, budget adherence, and compliance with service delivery obligations. This role will be responsible for delivering project status updates and identifying and managing critical tasks and dependencies with minimal oversight. The Site Manager will be held accountable for the team’s performance, time and attendance guidelines, site revenue delivery, including service and contractual commitments, and adherence to SOP’s, Company policies, and all Safety regulations.
This role will serve as a senior representative of the Customer Success team onsite and work closely with the platform technology (Beep Command Center) team and site team of Shuttle Attendants to ensure the technology is commissioned and operating safely at all times. As a liaison for the location, the Site Manager will appropriately communicate and document technology issues, and follow-up/through on any open items. This role will be accountable for, and a critical driver of, ridership metrics for their respective location. This includes:
• Monitoring Attendants usage of tools to calculate ridership
• Accurate reporting of data
• Engaging the customer base to increase ridership, and
• Partnering with Beep Colleagues to design and implement creative ideas to garner higher usage
The Site Manager will support the Organization by accurately framing decisions and their consequences and ensuring that information is completely and clearly communicated to the local Team. The Site Manager will be the point of contact for customer complaints and escalation and will accurately log and communicate issues for tracking purposes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong Managerial and leadership skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Excellent electrical troubleshooting skills
• Follow electric schematics and troubleshooting diagrams
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in STEM or equivalent experience
3+ years of experience working in the automotive or aviation industry with a focus on fleet maintenance; autonomous fleet maintenance experience preferred
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience working with electrical systems
3+ years of Managerial experience and or project manager experience
Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or walking Exposure to outdoor environments, including heat and cold Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times Hands on repairs of mechanical and electrical systems
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
• 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
• Short- and long-term disability premiums covered at 100%
• Life insurance
• Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.