Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Reporting to the Head of HR, The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the day-to-day functions of Human Resources, including oversight of recruitment efforts, administering pay, employee relations, and enforcing company policies and practices. The HR Manager will serve as the first point of contact for leaders and teams delivering outstanding, high-touch HR partnership. When done well, you will understand the local nuances along with the business challenges, identify areas of opportunity, then implement solutions that help drive the business forward.
This is a full-time position based in our headquarters in Lake Nona, Orlando, FL.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department; direct oversight of the Recruiting function and Team Members
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, coaching, and developmental opportunities across all departments
· Works closely with management and Team Members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Maintains knowledge of FMLA regulations, administers leave policies, and tracks leave accrual and usage.
· Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate; Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
· Drafts company policies; revise as needed.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues; Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Manages the full employee lifecycle; onboarding, off-boarding and employee changes.
· Leads organizational development efforts, including management training, leadership development, performance review process, onboarding, and interview training.
· Maintains employee records and manages payroll processing.
· Reports Human Resource metrics to senior management.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The HR Manager will serve as a visible, involved, and engaged leader to Team Members throughout the organization, and maintain an effective level of business literacy and provide a consultative approach to delivery of HR services. The position formulates partnerships across the business to deliver value-added service to management and Team Members that reflects the objectives of the organization.
This role should leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to influence leadership in decision-making processes. Of utmost importance is the requirement to maintain current knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and emerging technologies in human resources, talent management, compensation, and employment law. Additionally, by analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group, this role will help develop solutions, programs, and policies.
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process-driven and have a high degree of integrity, ethics, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
· Known for high quality results that positively impact the business
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Strong skills in organization, prioritization, and managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines; ability to complete large amounts of work effectively and efficiently
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
A minimum of three years of human resource management experience
Extensive working knowledge of multi-state policies and employment laws (CA labor law experience a plus)
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP highly desired
1+ years of Supervisory experience preferred
Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
Travel up to 25%
All Beep Team Members are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program and bonus plans. We also offer developmental programs, such as paid training and certifications (based on role).
Full-Time Team Members enjoy the following:
· 50% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for by the Company
· Short and long term disability premiums covered at 100%
· Life insurance
· Monthly cell phone allowance
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.