Beep Inc. is looking for motivated team players who want to be part of the autonomous mobility revolution. Beep is a market leader in delivering the next generation of mobility services and technology utilizing driverless, electric, multi-passenger shuttles. By specializing in planning, deploying and managing advanced autonomous shuttles for private and public communities, Beep safely connects people, places and services in first-mile, last-mile mobility networks. Through Beep’s data and learnings from its public road deployments, the company produces vehicle-agnostic, edge solutions meant to enhance safety, enable better access, advance artificial intelligence and extend driverless operating capabilities of autonomous platforms. Beep delivers each day on our primary goals of enabling mobility-for-all, positively impacting the environment and providing the safest rider experience through our unique software and services.
Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. The Software Engineer in Reliability will be directly responsible for the deployment, resilience, observability, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. This role will work with senior technology leads to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. Beep is currently growing its R&D organization with well-qualified remote employees, throughout the US and abroad.
This is a full-time position based in Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; or remote.
· Contribute to the engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building software, as well as systems to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information from in-vehicle hardware
· Designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time data analysis
· Design and implement monitoring of cloud infrastructure and data systems
· Assist in troubleshooting service issues
· Writing and maintaining of engineering and product documentation
· Participate in design review, architecture, and implementation discussions for new features
· Maintain tests for the application, systems, and related projects
· Improving the engineering process when it comes to feature planning and development, release planning, application versioning
Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development
· Experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
· Fluency in Python, and willingness to learn other languages as the need arises
· Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
· Experience working in an Agile development environment
· Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
· Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
· Familiarity with Ansible a plus
· High attention to detail and accuracy, especially in verbal and written communication
· Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven, and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
· Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science a plus
2+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
Prolonged periods of sitting